Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Proof of payment - Is this necessary?

M3P_W8

2021 M3P
Jan 12, 2021
UK
I've done the suggested £1 test transfer to Tesla (using the RN number as the payment reference) and this was showing against the order in my Tesla order within a few minutes.

I will make the remaining payments over the next few days, but I notice that Tesla also request to 'Email proof of payment in the form of a receipt or screenshot to [email protected] at least 48 hours before delivery.'

Is email proof really necessary if the payments are already showing against the order in my account?

Envchem

Nov 13, 2019
Liverpool, UK
I would suggest to make your payment through your bank ( by visiting your local branch) and have a receipt printed there. It will make things easier. Don't rely on what is showing on your account. When I had my delivery (although a while ago) I was asked for this.

Reactions: M3P_W8

Jez_GB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nottinghamshire, UK
This is definitely one of those "Ask 3 people and you'll get...." questions!

I took proof when collecting my M3LR (March '20), but was not asked for it 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Sorry meant to add, I'd take it, just to be sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel and M3P_W8

Kietrax

May 1, 2021
London
I was told the proof of payment requirement was only if you last payment(s) had not shown up in your Tesla account before collection day. Mine were all showing a week before and nothing was asked on the day.

Reactions: M3P_W8 and Jez_GB

MrT.

Jun 4, 2021
Shrewsbury
I asked the question to the sales assistant I had been emailing various questions and was told I did not need to take proof since payment was showing in my account.

Cardo

Sep 22, 2020
Surrey, UK
Our payments were showing up i n the account but when I emailed to ask they still wanted really specific screenshots showing the specific transfers to their account number.

GeorgeSymonds

Mar 16, 2018
UK
I was told to take proof of payment rather than email it. I suggest a screenshot of your account when payment has been made is sufficient. Stuart told me it only reallly mattered if the last payment is quite close to delivery, presumably in case the systems haven't caught up.

Wheoever said aask 3 people and get 3 answers... I think its now 4 people and 4 answers.

So despite what they told me, I guess an email can't hurt.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC