Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Protective Wrap for a higher mile CPO? And costs in Los Angeles area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
Getting my CPO delivered next week (yay!). The car had a protective wrap installed, which was removed during the CPO process. So I know its going to be in very nice shape to start with and hopefully no paint chips.

The question I am debating now is if I want to have it re-wrapped, or just save the cash since the car already has 40K miles on it and I will be driving the heck out of it (25K a year). I am normally not a fussy person about cars, but this one might be different, and it will be my first "flashy" color car.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area have guesstimates on how much a front end protective wrap costs? If its cheap enough I might just do it for the peace of mind. If its going to be like $3K, then I'll skip it.

Oh - and if anyone has a recommendation for a shop in the Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley area, I would appreciate it.

Keep in mind that there are two types of wraps: a precut kit and a custom wrap. With a custom wrap, the will wrap around and under the edges. The precut kits typically do not allow for that. You will see all the edges of the wrap. There are also different materials, so check around. Some of the newer ones are described as self-healing. If you get a small ding, it will repair itself. And lastly, the most important is the installer. The highest quality material can be ruined by a poor installation. Probably too far for you, but I use Ghost Shield out here in Thousand Oaks.

Reactions: Az_Rael
Getting my CPO delivered next week (yay!). The car had a protective wrap installed, which was removed during the CPO process. So I know its going to be in very nice shape to start with and hopefully no paint chips.

The question I am debating now is if I want to have it re-wrapped, or just save the cash since the car already has 40K miles on it and I will be driving the heck out of it (25K a year). I am normally not a fussy person about cars, but this one might be different, and it will be my first "flashy" color car.

Anyone in the Los Angeles area have guesstimates on how much a front end protective wrap costs? If its cheap enough I might just do it for the peace of mind. If its going to be like $3K, then I'll skip it.

Oh - and if anyone has a recommendation for a shop in the Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley area, I would appreciate it.

First, congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you picked up a "like new " car for well under MSRP. I believe now is a great time to set your ownership experience up for years of enjoyment and peace of mind. You can definitely save the money and skip any protective services, but at what cost? ITs not a matter of if but how much wear and tear these areas will receive while your commuting 25k miles or so a year.

Being a forum sponsor, as well a Modesta coating and protective film installer has given use the opportunity to interact with many Model S owners of the past several years. I believe it'll be well worth your investment to consider going with one of these options!

We are located in North San Diego county, but have clients drive from all over to come to us. We even has a High Powered Wall Charger installed in the shop exclusively for our Tesla clients.

Let me know if we can be of any assistance, I know it'll be well worth your time and money!

Attachments

• ClearGuard Nano (Digital Brochure).pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 140