Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Provocative Title, Interesting Information

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far the Model X "issues" are experienced by a handful of very vocal owners whereas I've seen an equal amount of reviews from owners saying they love their Model X.

The logs on the autopilot issues showed that the user was at fault so that's on both users and Tesla to try to make sure users fully understand how autopilot works.

As far as competition, I'll say there's competition when we start seeing performance electrics and not just empty promises or compliance cars from major manufacturers. As of right now, I don't believe there's legitimate competition to Tesla in the EV world, just ICE cars at the moment.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx and melindav
Not much new information in that video. I'm glad that other manufacturers are getting more serious about EVs. It's amazing it has taken them this long, now that Tesla is selling cars at a rate of 100,000 per year, cars that cost on average over $90,000, and has received 373,000 $1,000 deposits for a car that very few people have ridden in or seen in real life. Hmmm...I guess there is a market for long range EVs after all.

These are from Tesla, but logs are logs. Other manufacturers usually have no evidence to backup their claims.

That would be true if Tesla actually provided the logs. As far as I know, they have only made statements as to what was in the logs, not shown the logs themselves.

It might be interesting, for example, to know how exactly far in advance of the accident the person in CA tapped her brakes, thereby disabling the AEB.

Someone actually cut and pasted the verbiage from the owners manual (release notes?? not sure which) that specifically address just this type of situation. Tesla clearly explains that AP CAN NOT handle someone in front of you moving out of the way leaving you exposed to a stationary object in your lane. The owner the the above car then wrote "my bad".

I must say i was absolutely amazed when Tesla released AP without training of any kind. Sure, they released ACC earlier and gave us all a chance to dip our toes in the water before getting the steering part but it was interesting that Tesla trusted its owners sufficiently to take such an advanced technology and figure it out. I have no problem with that myself but feel the average person is not bright enough or simply does not care enough to think their way through situations. In addition, a lot refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Kudos to Elon and crew for taking the chance!! Apparently it is paying off to the tune of 1MM AP equipped miles every ten hours.