Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA - Rattling Noises

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I was going MAD with this rattling noise. I knew it was coming from the rear.... Finally figured it out...

So ..the back window ledge is a metal grate that makes it super easy to hear things in the trunk.

In the trunk there are 2 lights... they are fastened into what I will call the hard felt liner. This hard felt liner was NOT inserted into the weatherstripping on both sides... One side was out...so I slipped that back in.

ALSO... the WIRES going to the lights....One was zip stripped to a metal hole and was in place. The other was flying free and lays on the metal sooooo

That combined with the loose felt liner....that is what was causing my rattling.... I did not fasten the wire yet as it didn't reach the same hole to put in a zip tie like the other side...I may do a monsanto strip on it but for now putting the felt back in place is doing the job and the rattling noise is gone.

Hope this helps others....Paying if forward for all the help I have received so far on this forum.

Ken

Command strips!! Also had my headlight replaced today. He said my felt liner was not snapped in. So he found some snaps and pushed them into the holes and now it’s tight. These holes are very close to the lights for the trunk.

While we are talking about noises, my passenger seat started squeaking like crazy anytime the passenger would take weight off the back or put it on the back. Come to find out my wife had slid the seat as FAR back as it would go, move it a few mm forward and all noise went away. Just FYI.