Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSE&G NJ EV Incentive Programs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, does anyone that live in NJ and already own an EV know if PSE&G provides any rebates or incentive programs on home charger installations or off peak charging usage for EVs?

I had initially contacted PSE&G last week and some lady that answered said there was and that it entailed that I get a separate meter installed (~$14 cost) and rattled off on some reduced rates (e.g. 0.09/kw during off peak and 0.27/kw 7am-9pm from M-F. She was supposed to get someone to reach out to me to get more information on the program but I have not heard back so I tried reaching out again today. The strange thing is that every one I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. It even got escalated to a supervisor that then directed me to the NJ Clean Energy program which is something different since I think that's more applicable for solar panels in your home.

I don't know if I am going crazy or the lady I spoke with last week mis-heard me but any insights from this community would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Resurfacing this post to see if anyone has leveraged this PSEG rebate yet? My understanding as of this post is they are still developing the application process, but the rules state you have to purchase one of two specific home chargers ( I purchased the juice box). Then a licensed electrician needs to install. And if all goes well they will provide a rebate up to $1,500 for only the installation work. Could anyone else confirm or deny this? Has anyone submitted a claim?

Resurfacing this post to see if anyone has leveraged this PSEG rebate yet? My understanding as of this post is they are still developing the application process, but the rules state you have to purchase one of two specific home chargers ( I purchased the juice box). Then a licensed electrician needs to install. And if all goes well they will provide a rebate up to $1,500 for only the installation work. Could anyone else confirm or deny this? Has anyone submitted a claim?
Have you had an electrician come and install yet? I want to do this, but there isn't any information from people who actually have gotten this done.

I haven’t done it (I’m in Just Can’t Power Lights territory) but a few members of the local owners’ club have. (Join us at Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club - Home !)

High points;
- have to use one of their approved chargers (ChargePoint & JuiceBox currently)
- must be installed by a licensed electrician
- must apply here: Electric Vehicle Program - PSE&G
- both a rebate for the charger install, as well as any upgrades needed from PSEG’s transformer. Then once installed, you wait for approval and then they will start reading data from the chargers and provide an offset credit on your bill….

But the application process is live; just use the link above.

Good luck!!

I got everything done. DId not realize that EV charger is not included in the rebate.
But basically only covers installation cost and you have to get township permit and get it installed by licensed electrican and then afterwards have town inspector come and give you approval sticker which you take a picture to submit to PSE&G.. And after that you will get approved to credit on your PSE&G Bill.

I got everything done. DId not realize that EV charger is not included in the rebate.
But basically only covers installation cost and you have to get township permit and get it installed by licensed electrican and then afterwards have town inspector come and give you approval sticker which you take a picture to submit to PSE&G.. And after that you will get approved to credit on your PSE&G Bill.
Did you fill out the application after you received your charger? Because there is a part on the application that ask for charger ID and charger installation date. I don't have any of that because I do not have the charger yet (1-2 weeks backorder)

did you get any credits yet?
I got "enrolled" but they said they are developing their "interface" to connect to the chargers and a third party should contact me to set it up. but they said no credits are going to be started until sometime early in 2021

My electrician is coming back tomorrow they did half of the job. I am uploading what I have by tomorrow. Which will be everything but the permit info. The electrician will have to submit that after I have a scheduled date for inspection. Which of course will be after the 31st. Hopefully this doesn’t disqualify me.

I spoke with a rep yesterday and they said you could receive the credit in the instal even installing the Tesla wall connector. You would not be connected to the network therefore you you would only charge at peak rates as they would not know when you were plugged in. I’m dubious this is accurate information but would prefer to use the connector since it’s sitting here gathering dust. I’m not concerned about the .06 off peak to .13 peak.