Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSPS for SoCal on Thursday 12/24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the text alerts for PSPS from SCE. I think they just issue them if there is even a hint of wind now. So far this month I was issued multiple daily alerts on Dec 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,19,20,21,23. So out of the last 23 days, only 6 of them were days they didn't threaten me with a PSPS. I have an employee about 4 miles to my East and they have get shut down for days at a time. I think their power has been out for a total of 7 days this month (not in a row, but in blocks of 1-2.5 days). I have everyone working from home and it makes it really difficult.

Sorry- I'm new at this game, what does PSPS stand for? I'm guessing some form of power cutoff?

Public Safety Power Shutoff. When we have dry and windy conditions, they will cut power since a lot of our fires seem to be coming from powerlines. It really should be called "Poor Infrastructure Maintenance Lawsuit Avoidance Shutoff", but that doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Looks like you have quite the storm coming toward you in New York. Stay safe!

Reactions: Laketime
Public Safety Power Shutoff. When we have dry and windy conditions, they will cut power since a lot of our fires seem to be coming from powerlines. It really should be called "Poor Infrastructure Maintenance Lawsuit Avoidance Shutoff", but that doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
Looks like you have quite the storm coming toward you in New York. Stay safe!
Thanks for the explanation. As an east coaster I can't believe what you westerners have to go through.

Yep, a Merry Christmas special almost exactly a week after our last storm led to me getting my PTO about a month early. As nice as it would be to test it I hope I don't have to.

Reactions: jboy210
Woke up today to see CNN story on PSPS in San Diego County near Camp Pendleton and Fallbrook due to a wildfire there. This has been such a tough year all the way around and crushing to see fires still plaguing California residents and threatening homes. Thankful our SFBay area is due to get some rain over the next few days but thoughts are with you guys over this holiday weekend. Same goes for our winter storm members in the East who risk losing power with no heat during freezing temps dangerous as well. Lived back East and mid-West so still remember what that’s like. Not a good time to get sick.

California wildfires: San Diego County Creek Fire prompts evacuations at Camp Pendleton, nearby area - CNN

Woke up today to see CNN story on PSPS in San Diego County near Camp Pendleton and Fallbrook due to a wildfire there. This has been such a tough year all the way around and crushing to see fires still plaguing California residents and threatening homes. Thankful our SFBay area is due to get some rain over the next few days but thoughts are with you guys over this holiday weekend. Same goes for our winter storm members in the East who risk losing power with no heat during freezing temps dangerous as well. Lived back East and mid-West so still remember what that’s like. Not a good time to get sick.

California wildfires: San Diego County Creek Fire prompts evacuations at Camp Pendleton, nearby area - CNN
I have to admit I really haven't been paying attention to the news of what is happening on both coasts. I used to be the type to watch morning news for an hour and a few hours of evening news. This past year everything has been so over the top politicized that I have quit news altogether. And while it has led to a reduction of stress I am missing some important info...

I have to admit I really haven't been paying attention to the news of what is happening on both coasts. I used to be the type to watch morning news for an hour and a few hours of evening news. This past year everything has been so over the top politicized that I have quit news altogether. And while it has led to a reduction of stress I am missing some important info...

The weather is the high point of my news watching. No politics, just observations and forecasts.