Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Psych!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't received many emails from Tesla, so was all excited :D last night when one showed up. It quickly turned to disappointment :( as it was TESLA LOCAL UPDATES JANUARY 2018 (have they sent this to others in the past?) The last two emails I'd received were in November (the Update on your Model 3 Reservation ) and August (a Model S vs Model 3 sales pitch).

While the update was interesting, I really would have preferred the it's time to configure email. Oh well :rolleyes:

...We recently celebrated the six‑year anniversary of Tesla Houston, our first gallery in Texas....

Recently Added To Your Region
  • 23 Charging Partners
  • 16 Superchargers
  • 1 Mobile Service Vehicle
Thanks to the help of Tesla owners in Texas, we’ve saved a total of 69,328 tons of CO2 emissions.

• Funny
Reactions: Dave B
LOL - fixed. I fat fingered that one, couldn't copy/paste the header as it's an image:
1200x600-Hero-January-Texas.jpg

This is what I found particularly interesting about that Update email:
Future of Tesla Service
We're redefining automotive service with over-the-air diagnostics and mobile technicians who come to you, reducing your need to ever visit a service center.
To me that says, Tesla is NOT going to be expanding their Service Center locations significantly. They are going to decentralize to service cars in the field with Rangers. I think this is a brilliant concept, as revolutionary as the model 3 itself. This is another game changer, eliminating the stealership service departments. It is going to be very difficult for the legacy automakers to match this due to the malignant growth and dependency on the dealership concept.

Reactions: SpiceWare
It seems like a good idea until you think about the fact that many (most?) of the problems with early Model S cars were motor-related and many motors (drive units?) were replaced under warranty. And I don't think a Tesla ranger would have the means to do that...

But yes, for all of the piddly after-sale nits that people seem to find (squeaks, rattles, etc.) the rangers are a Good Thing (tm).

many (most?) of the problems with early Model S cars were motor-related and many motors (drive units?) were replaced under warranty.

[Citation needed]

I would venture that the vast (vast) majority of service incidents are things that mobile techs can handle. Clearly there will always be a significant number of incidents for which a traditional garage with lift is going to be needed, but on a percentage basis I think mobile is, over time, going to take a huge load off of service centers.

Reactions: Sweet OJ