Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase 21 inch rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at aninventory Tesla P100 and would like the 21 inch black / grey rims. (Comes with 19s)

Tesla have confirmed that I can add these to my chosen vehicle for an extra $4500 or$4100

Is this for new rims with new tires?

Are their better options / sources to pick these up from?

I am looking at aninventory Tesla P100 and would like the 21 inch black / grey rims. (Comes with 19s)

Tesla have confirmed that I can add these to my chosen vehicle for an extra $4500 or$4100

Is this for new rims with new tires?

Are their better options / sources to pick these up from?

The parts for sale section on this board has TONS of rims for sale.

Reactions: BrokerDon
I just bought a Model S with the 19" Sonic Carbon Slipstream Wheels. The car was already in the inventory (Demo) and the price was good. I was looking for the 21" because I already have some T-Sport line rims.

As Videofrank indicated , there is a few 21" for sale in the forums. Or you can go to this website and select the rims and look how they look.

Let's see....4 months ago I had just extended my lease and was fully confident that there would be a Model S Refresh before I had to turn my car in. Even made sure I could return it early so that I could jump on the new interior space, Battery, Performance and subtle design changes. Boy was I ever wrong. Had you set me straight with the knowledge that a Refresh was far away, you would have been riding on wheels that really fill out the wells.

Search the Parts for Sale forum and Craigslist for 21" Tesla Arachnid wheels. They're MUCH lighter AND stronger than the Turbines since they're forged... Plus they're staggered for even better grip. Love them on our Ludicrous 2015 P85D...

IMG_4896.JPG

As a followup, currently in the process of picking up Inventory car today.
My spec says 19", I paid for 19", but it showed up with 21".
Could simply stay quiet and pocket the difference, but have had 21" on my last 2 cars and wanted to try the 19".
Was told there was no problems switching out the wheels but could take up to 10 weeks. So basically I will get a new set of wheels/tires on a slightly used car.
The Tesla service team is amazingly efficient and smart. Too bad it does not rub off on the Delivery team. A lot of them are new and the contrast between the Finance guy at a Porsche or Mercedes dealer and the Tesla guy is humongous. Arrived at 10:50 for an 11 AM delivery.
Four hours later I'm still waiting for a loan paper to be faxed for US Bank to Tesla. Finally had to call up an Uber so I could get some work done.

keep the 19's since they are for free.
Then buy a set of 21's from a member or ebay and put your own tires on it.

This way you have emergencies you can always swap out to if you happen to DING them, or get a flat tire.

But if you purchase the 21's at the dealer you will basically be giving them the 19's for free to them.

Also note if your streets have potholes, 21's are going to give you more road anxiety then anything you can possibly imagine.
I have already had to replace 2 tires from potholes. I was not even going fast to begin with, like 30mph on one, and possibly 40mph.
Could not see them because of rain and they looked like normal puddles.

It costs roughly 350-375 dollars to replace just for the tire, and an additional 80 at the tesla service center for balancing / mounting, so you walk out feeling like $H1T having blown 400+ dollars on a stupid pothole.

Oh believe me Naekuh...I know!
That's why I'm going to swallow my vanity (21's just look better) and look a gift horse directly into his mouth, and switch the 21's for 19's. If I was more enterprising I would just zip my lips..... drive home the 21's and sell them for cash to buy 19's and pocket the difference. I am just too busy right now to fool with it.