Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing a Model 3 in Texas? Here's a checklist that might help!

Jun 27, 2020
Euless, TX
Howdy, y'all!

I purchased and acquired my Model 3 in DFW yesterday. (You can find the delivery report here.) While it only took a week to do so, it was quite the emotional rollercoaster. Texas does not make it easy to procure these vehicles.

Fortunately, I tracked the entire process that I used in a Trello card. While I can't share the card directly (it's on a private board), this post will provide this checklist in the order that I wish I had followed before this process started.

It's in this spreadsheet. It is not exhaustive, but it is catered to Texas deliveries. If you have edge cases, DM me with them and I'll update the spreadsheet.

I hope this helps someone!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC