Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Put T emblem back on after PPF or no ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, Just had a spectacular Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF full front install done by Naples Auto Armour...., full hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, fogs, mirrors, full rockers, lower edge of doors and back bumper behind rear wheels.

Big question, reinstall T emblem on hood?

Thanks for the opinions

Attachments

• 4BFD1043-72F9-4AF8-9DC6-70EDF72CFB01.jpeg
    4BFD1043-72F9-4AF8-9DC6-70EDF72CFB01.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
I'd say place it back on personally.

I blacked mine out with hyperdip.. only have a pic of the rear at the moment but to give you an alternative choice here's an idea :

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210709-180335_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-180335_Gallery.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 316
I'd say place it back on personally.

I blacked mine out with hyperdip.. only have a pic of the rear at the moment but to give you an alternative choice here's an idea :
I like when all the emblems are matte black. What is hyperdip and how is it done? Personally I think the Performance models should be blacked out from the factory. Thanks

I like when all the emblems are matte black. What is hyperdip and how is it done? Personally I think the Performance models should be blacked out from the factory. Thanks
Yes I chose the Shadow Black (matte) finish.

It came out really smooth and very easy to apply.

Basically it's an advanced plastic dip. (So the marketing says) Easier to apply lays down easier and smoother.

I did three light base sweeping sprays followed by 3 heavy wet sprayed coats. 20 min between sprays.

Start to finish was an hour and a half. They include a small tool amd microfiber to clean up around the edges.

I'm very pleased, completely smooth. looks like it's stock.

Hey guys, Just had a spectacular Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF full front install done by Naples Auto Armour...., full hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, fogs, mirrors, full rockers, lower edge of doors and back bumper behind rear wheels.

Thanks for the opinions

Add a unique T and rid yourself of the platypus look.

1627159585416.png

1627159676129.jpeg

Also adds some uniqueness. My wife kept trying to get into other red MYs at the mall. Got that problem solved for $20.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Add a unique T and rid yourself of the platypus look.

View attachment 687801

View attachment 687803

Also adds some uniqueness. My wife kept trying to get into other red MYs at the mall. Got that problem solved for $20.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It's kinda like when people add P100D stickers to their model 3s. 😂

Yours looks pretty clean without it. As for the PPF, do you mind sharing how much it cost you?
Hi,
I did the Expel Ultimate Plus. Naples Auto Armor in Naples FL does stunning work!!! I did full hood, full bumper, headlights, mirrors, entire rocker panels, lower half of all doors and the back bumper area behind the tires. All edges are completely wrapped. It was $2700.

Thanks for the opinions

Just be sure the center it. My high end outfit managed to get it off center. Thanks to the Chinese Communist Party it's taken a year to sort it out.

This is a good debate. I struggled with it as well, but in the end decided to black them out and put them back on. I have the SR+, so I don't have any additional "Dual Motor" labels or anything. If I did, I wouldn't put those back on .... just the "T". But of course it's always a personal choice.