TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Putting deposit down - is there much paperwork involved?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by 2krazykats, Dec 8, 2015.

1. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

I'm going to put a deposit down on an inventory car and asked for a written agreement and my OA said he'll just send me an email and CC his manager. Is this typical?

2. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

Hi--I am heading to the new store in Jacksonville, FL early next week & may be doing the same thing. I will certainly let you know what happens on my end if it's not too late for you.

3. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Its very straight forward. Just need your credit card number or check. Took maybe 10-15 minutes for me.

4. 2krazykats

2krazykats Member

OK I'm going to call them soon to put the deposit down. It just didn't "right" - what was I agreeing to? I guess I felt like I needed a big long document with small print, single-spaced to make me feel like it's "real". the more $$ I spend, the more paperwork I should sign, right?:smile:

5. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

You're putting down 2500. All the other docs should be visible in MyTesla after you put in the (initially refundable) deposit.