Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting the 3 on all 4 jack stands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone (maybe here) recommended this jackstand: https://www.amazon.com/VKRP-Enterpr...sla+model+3+jack+stand&qid=1590514901&sr=8-17

Same one on ebay as well. I ordered two and hoping that the jack pad will sit on top with the weight of the car ensuring the pad/stand stay in place. Of course, will also drive the car up on some low profile ramps or pieces of wood first to give enough space for the jack and stand piece to fit under the car.

I was thinking about trying that stand also. They raised the price it use to be $50. They seem to be selling well for him.

There is a review on Amazon saying it works for model 3.

Last edited:
I use 3 jacks with built-in jackstand functionality and a wood block jack stand. All with jack point adapters. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00OCIBPIM

The locking bar has 2 height settings at 9.5" and 14.5". I've been wanting the Rennstand Safejacks for years, but decided that I'd rather have the jacks than the stands as they are more useful.

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_151417.jpg
    IMG_20200329_151417.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_20200329_155038.jpg
    IMG_20200329_155038.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_20200329_140705.jpg
    IMG_20200329_140705.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20200329_140543.jpg
    IMG_20200329_140543.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 381
I use 3 jacks with built-in jackstand functionality and a wood block jack stand. All with jack point adapters. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00OCIBPIM

The locking bar has 2 height settings at 9.5" and 14.5". I've been wanting the Rennstand Safejacks for years, but decided that I'd rather have the jacks than the stands as they are more useful.

Thx, I’ve read your recommendation elsewhere and I decided to go with the same. I like the convenience of the 2-in-1 and the low profile. Also, there seems to be less fine tuning than using Safe Jacks to make sure they are flat to the ground as you raise the other side. Summit Racing has them for considerably less than Amazon at the moment. Unfortunately, it’s not a solution for a less expensive jack stand for the Model 3!

Although, as posted above, I was going to go with the cheaper jack stands (similar design to Safe Jacks) from eBay/Amazon, I’ve changed my mind about balancing a 2 ton car on a jack pad which is balancing on the 2 ridges on top of the stand. Someone smarter than me will be able to rig an adapter of some sort, I’m sure.

Thx, I’ve read your recommendation elsewhere and I decided to go with the same. I like the convenience of the 2-in-1 and the low profile. Also, there seems to be less fine tuning than using Safe Jacks to make sure they are flat to the ground as you raise the other side. Summit Racing has them for considerably less than Amazon at the moment. Unfortunately, it’s not a solution for a less expensive jack stand for the Model 3!

Although, as posted above, I was going to go with the cheaper jack stands (similar design to Safe Jacks) from eBay/Amazon, I’ve changed my mind about balancing a 2 ton car on a jack pad which is balancing on the 2 ridges on top of the stand. Someone smarter than me will be able to rig an adapter of some sort, I’m sure.
I had no idea that Amazon currently only has the Powerbuilt jacks that I use for $200 each! I bough all three of mine on there for $149 on 2 separate occasions in late 2018 and early 2020. Good find on Summit Racing though, I had no idea they carried these Powerbuilt jacks. Just make sure when you get the jacks to read the instructions on bleeding air out of the hydraulic ram because I had to do that on the newest 2 of mine. You might eventually have to bleed air out again years down the road, so it's good to know how to do that.

Also, if you follow my method of 3 jacks w/locking bars and one makeshift jackstand, always apply the jackstand last and remove it first. The jacks have wheels and can roll a little bit when the car shifts, but the jackstand doesn't move. Which is a bonus for the jacks and what helped sway me to my current setup.

Reactions: katie3
Four Unijacks:
https://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-640912-Black-All-Bottle/dp/B00GJJZ5YC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=all-in-one+jack&qid=1590899684&sr=8-1&th=1
plus jack pucks, of course.

$62 each.

Procedure: with low profile floor jack, jack LR corner until Unijack 1 fits under LF corner. Collapse and remove floor jack.

Use the bottle jack of Unijack 1 to raise left side until Unijack 2 fits under LR corner.

Use floor jack to raise RR corner until Unijack 3 fits under RF corner. Collapse and remove floor jack.

Use bottle jack of Unijack 3 to raise right side until unijack 4 fits under RR corner.

Bob's your uncle.

I have no empirical evidence that this works.

Best - Gary

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jsmay311
Procedure addendum:

It might be better to start at a front corner instead of a rear corner. Needs study.

After all four Unijacks are in place, all should be adjusted to lowest position possible. Be safe.

Cheers - Gary
In addition to my 3 Powerbuilt Xtra Low Profile jacks with safety bars, I have also had their 3 Ton All-In-One for a few years and it works great on Jeeps and SUVs. Their Unijack is pretty similar to their All-In-One.

I don't see any issues with your jacking procedure using 1 low profile jack and 4 All-In-Ones or Unijacks. As far as lifting Model 3 from the front or rear first, it doesn't matter. The weight distribution is pretty equal (even on my LR RWD) and I've done it both ways with no difference.

Just don't jack up the All-In-One or Unijack to their max heights (you wisely pointed out to use a height closer to minimum) because they can go higher than the low profile jack and you would have a little difficulty taking out the first of the four Unijacks when it's time to lower the car.

I asked seller on Ebay if 'tray' can be removed & replaced with jack pad for Tesla 3. Description seems to imply it can be done.
Seller is away until June 10.

I asked seller on Ebay if 'tray' can be removed & replaced with jack pad for Tesla 3. Description seems to imply it can be done.
Seller is away until June 10.

Ive got these unopened in my garage. Will check what can be done with the top tray. I personally think it might be easier to dremel 2 channels into the jack pad and have it seat into the ridges in the tray vs removing the metal tray as that may introduce a point of failure.

Still think the Powerbuilt Jacks allow for rolling adjustment as the car is jacked up and thus a more efficient setup process. We’ll see.

Well, I spoke too soon. Just as @blaferty questioned, on the ebay jack stands, the ridged top piece easily slides out and leaves a flat black top piece “tray” that will easily accommodate a puck pad for the Model 3. The pic in the listing were misleading as the ridged top piece was black, not silver, and made it all look like one piece of metal there.

Given the cost of two of these stands is about $100, I may keep them now! Will try out the whole thing tomorrow.
BB8A39D0-187E-414B-9CCD-A2CC433EF900.jpeg
BB8A39D0-187E-414B-9CCD-A2CC433EF900.jpeg
0FA4F8D0-BE5D-4865-AF90-C85213C35D0F.jpeg

Attachments

• 9C5124D1-5CB2-402D-9A7B-E6F35EDF959E.jpeg
    9C5124D1-5CB2-402D-9A7B-E6F35EDF959E.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 386
No go on these stands. On one side, the pin doesn’t thread through the hole in the top of the stand. No amount of adjusting would make it go through, even off the jack. On the other side I had to use a rubber mallet to get the pin in. It’s a shame bc the stand looks bulletproof otherwise. I emailed for a return and will see what the seller says about troubleshooting.
963CF4C6-0C2B-4E9F-8F9B-55601CBC08BC.jpeg
15B26BD6-9A90-4E85-8191-0B5601D34F6A.jpeg

No go on these stands. On one side, the pin doesn’t thread through the hole in the top of the stand. No amount of adjusting would make it go through, even off the jack. On the other side I had to use a rubber mallet to get the pin in. It’s a shame bc the stand looks bulletproof otherwise. I emailed for a return and will see what the seller says about troubleshooting.View attachment 546906View attachment 546907

Any update from the seller?

Any update from the seller?
Yes, sorry have not updated. He told me the leg are on the wrong side in that pic above, so right should be on left and vice versa. Everything worked fine after that. Overall, it’s sturdy as heck and I have no concerns with it holding up. For me there still seems to be some finagling with lining up the holes and getting the pin in once the car is jacked up, maybe more than I’ve seen with the Safe Jacks, but certainly not worth paying more for those. I will keep these.

Yes, sorry have not updated. He told me the leg are on the wrong side in that pic above, so right should be on left and vice versa. Everything worked fine after that. Overall, it’s sturdy as heck and I have no concerns with it holding up. For me there still seems to be some finagling with lining up the holes and getting the pin in once the car is jacked up, maybe more than I’ve seen with the Safe Jacks, but certainly not worth paying more for those. I will keep these.

Lol that's because you are supposed to already have the pins in while jacking.

Put the pins in and jack. The sides will rise and click and act like a safety while jacking in case of failure.

This is good news. I will order these then 3d print some kind of Tesla adapter. My only concern was if it would fit my jack but you seem to have a big jack also.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Lol that's because you are supposed to already have the pins in while jacking.

Put the pins in and jack. The sides will rise and click and act like a safety while jacking in case of failure.

This is good news. I will order these then 3d print some kind of Tesla adapter. My only concern was if it would fit my jack but you seem to have a big jack also.

Yes, but the lowest position of the stand (if putting pins in first) is higher than the car is un-jacked. So you have to first jack it up with the top piece of the stand and get it to a height where you can then slide in the legs from the side and pin them. From that height and higher the side slots in the legs will engage. I agree it would be much easier if you could start with the legs pinned in.

link: Safety Jack Stand 3 ton Jackstand Jack Automatic Lift | eBay

Reactions: android04