Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting the 3 on all 4 jack stands

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The unijack looks pretty nice. Will a puck fit on the pad? Will the unijack fit under the car fully collapsed or will you still need a floor jack?

I need to buy something to rotate my tires and I'm thinking 2 unijacks would be cheaper and easier to deal with than a floor jack and 2 of the safety stands.

Don't buy the safejack the price is just rediculous for a jack stands. They use a $90 harbor freight Jack to setup a $150 jack stands in the video.

I'd buy four jacks. Don't know why you need more than one side up though there is nothing under this car.

Floor jacks and jack stands are two different things. You should not be under the car when your car is on floor jacks. For Teslas you can't use a floor jack and place a jack stand at the same time because they need to use the same jack point. That's where the safejack comes in. You can use the floor jack and the jack stand at the same time on the same jack point.

Floor jacks and jack stands are two different things. You should not be under the car when your car is on floor jacks. For Teslas you can't use a floor jack and place a jack stand at the same time because they need to use the same jack point. That's where the safejack comes in. You can use the floor jack and the jack stand at the same time on the same jack point.

There is nothing under a tesla. Why would you go under it? I understand the purpose of the safejack I just think it's way overpriced for what it is. This is me painting my calipers two days ago. That jackstand was $50.

PXL_20201018_153241185.jpg
PXL_20201018_153256067.jpg

PXL_20201019_201849349.jpg

Reactions: CalBlue 85D
Jacking from the front jack point, it’s possible to lift the side of the vehicle high enough to place a jack stand under the rear jack point. With the stand under the rear jack point, lower the jack and place a stand under the front point. Repeat for the other side. I love my esco 3 ton stands- they have a nice flat pad that’s a sturdy fit for the puck.

If that makes you a little nervous and you have a set of ramps, you could also place a ramp under a tire at any point in the process (until you remove said tires, of course).

Reactions: Dolemite
I bought a Rennstand, can't get it under the car. Might need to drive on a block of wood or something first... Haven't tried yet. Kinda disappointed with how tall it is.

Jacking from the front jack point, it’s possible to lift the side of the vehicle high enough to place a jack stand under the rear jack point. With the stand under the rear jack point, lower the jack and place a stand under the front point. Repeat for the other side. I love my esco 3 ton stands- they have a nice flat pad that’s a sturdy fit for the puck.

If that makes you a little nervous and you have a set of ramps, you could also place a ramp under a tire at any point in the process (until you remove said tires, of course).
What he said

Reactions: destructure00
Reading down the thread here is the conclusion that there is NO way to get all 4 wheels off the tesla at once and keep the car elevated by just using tesla jack pads and stand jack stands? I am trying to get all 4 wheels off at once, so that I can take them to my local shop for tire dismounting, then to have the wheels powder coated somewhere else, then to have new tires put on the newly painted wheels, and then to put them back onto the car?

Reading down the thread here is the conclusion that there is NO way to get all 4 wheels off the tesla at once and keep the car elevated by just using tesla jack pads and stand jack stands? I am trying to get all 4 wheels off at once, so that I can take them to my local shop for tire dismounting, then to have the wheels powder coated somewhere else, then to have new tires put on the newly painted wheels, and then to put them back onto the car?
You should search on Youtube. There are few videos showing how to put a long wood bean between the two lifting point on each side of the car.

You should search on Youtube. There are few videos showing how to put a long wood bean between the two lifting point on each side of the car.
Or check out @Dolemite 's how-to:

Assuming most people don't know this type of jack exists. they work great, with almost any standard jackstand.

Assuming most people don't know this type of jack exists. they work great, with almost any standard jackstand.

Well $379.99 is not that cheap...