Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puzzling about the Huge Phantom Drain Last Night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I woke up in the morning and found my Model X lost 7.13 miles in a little over 10 hours of parking still. I have smart precondition turned off and energy saving mode is turned on. The weather last night was a mild 45F in Washington DC area. I don't remember seeing this amount of drain on colder or warmer night. Any ideas?

p.s. One thing different about yesterday was that the night before I had the vehicle firmware upgraded to 2018.6.1 (641efac), so I wonder the firmware upgrade is to blame.

I woke up in the morning and found my Model X lost 7.13 miles in a little over 10 hours of parking still. I have smart precondition turned off and energy saving mode is turned on. The weather last night was a mild 45F in Washington DC area. I don't remember seeing this amount of drain on colder or warmer night. Any ideas?

p.s. One thing different about yesterday was that the night before I had the vehicle firmware upgraded to 2018.6.1 (641efac), so I wonder the firmware upgrade is to blame.
I updated to 2018.6.1 on Wednesday and noticed a similar 8 mile drop in range overnight the first night. Last night, it was back to the typical 1-2 mile drop.

• Informative
Reactions: tangent
The phantom drain behavior is back to normal, only a 2-mile drop last night, so this seems to be a one-time thing. I am still a little puzzled why. Maybe my car secretly burns some CPU to mine bitcoins?
Lol. You never know.

I figure it must've recalibrated the remaining battery charger or perhaps ran some tests after install which used up some of the battery. Mine appears to be back to normal as well as it had only lost 1-2 miles per night over the past two nights.

Lol. You never know.

I figure it must've recalibrated the remaining battery charger or perhaps ran some tests after install which used up some of the battery. Mine appears to be back to normal as well as it had only lost 1-2 miles per night over the past two nights.

You could be right. If it happens again, I would contact [email protected], explain what happened, and ask them to review the logs.