Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PV Gateway reporting 'NO SERVER'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Zaxxon

Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2012
Colorado
Anyone else have their Tesla solar monitoring (via the Tesla app) stop updating a couple hours ago? I did, so I looked at my gateway (the thin black square--I have no Powerwall) and it's showing NO SERVER which is one I've not seen before. Rebooted it, it connected back to my inverter, but NO SERVER remains.

Guessing it's an outage on Tesla's end, but haven't found any confirmation yet.

No signal in Pittsburgh, PA for past 2 hours. This used to happen a lot, but first time in maybe 9 months.

Attachments

• B68C9BE2-B997-4FEC-9EB5-FB206C3F7025.jpeg
    B68C9BE2-B997-4FEC-9EB5-FB206C3F7025.jpeg
    611.4 KB · Views: 345
The one I'm seeing is the light next to that. No signal (what you're seeing) indicates the gateway isn't talking to the inverter. No server (what I'm seeing) indicates it's not talking to Tesla. I've verified that the unit is pulling an IP address on my local network, that I can ping it, that another device connecting via that cable/port can access the internet... No dice. I called Tesla who confirmed that it's not talking to them. They had me power-cycle it and said if they still don't see it in 24 hours they'll send me a new one.

Anyone else have their Tesla solar monitoring (via the Tesla app) stop updating a couple hours ago? I did, so I looked at my gateway (the thin black square--I have no Powerwall) and it's showing NO SERVER which is one I've not seen before. Rebooted it, it connected back to my inverter, but NO SERVER remains.

Guessing it's an outage on Tesla's end, but haven't found any confirmation yet.

Yes, this happened to me, too. Complicating matters for me is that I just (today) had an additional Powerwall installed, Then, as soon as the guys left, and I went out to run errands, the gateway stopped reporting. When I got home and logged onto the gateway, it was off, so I clicked the button to turn it on, but nothing happened. I opened the lid to the gateway to make sure the breaker hadn't tripped, and all looked good. I closed the lid, and as I was walking away, I heard it click, and everything came back to life on its own. I also noticed that I am now on version 1.45.1, so I assume it's all related.

FWIW, the No Server error wound up being part of a larger Tesla outage. I found a couple people on a Tesla Facebook group with the same Neo gateways that also went down and came back up around the same time.