Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PW2 Software Update 1.48.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a software upgrade. New version 1.48.0. Pushed sometime over the last day or so. Any update on what has changed? Unfortunately no update notes included. Expecting an update to cover PW high Hz output when on backup (frequency). Any insight re software update appreciated.

Attachments

• 9F073208-D953-4711-9214-4E945C738312.png
    9F073208-D953-4711-9214-4E945C738312.png
    807 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for bringing this up, all the way from so far away at that.

I just checked and yes, I see that version as well.
No idea when it happened, a day or so ago as I think I saw my phone coming on by itself I think, or what it does but now it seems that the last few days my reporting of performance is much better now.
I had issues with stuck kWh reporting like a 0.1kWh most of the day yet the production curve was very good.
House not showing usage for extended time periods and other glitches.
Hard to say if it was software or Gateway issue but if this new stability stays, then it was the software someplace.

Well, my hopes that the latest update fixed Gateway reporting issues was dashed this morning. House doesn't show using any energy, 0.

And solar collection graph shows production as high as 3.3 kW to this hour from about 8AM yet solar energy reports 0kWh for that 5 hour run. I guess I need to call Tesla on Tuesday.

Hi @charlesj

Greetings from way down South. I see the update now carries some explanation. Updates to South Africa and Japan grid support. Not sure what that means but will continue to test. I am having a high Hz issue when on backup mode.

Not sure of the specifics re the problem you are having. App and solar working v well on my side.

Take care.

Attachments

• 8CEE1B4F-B8A3-4C0F-8B32-B82BE48187B5.png
    8CEE1B4F-B8A3-4C0F-8B32-B82BE48187B5.png
    174.1 KB · Views: 41
Well, my hopes that the latest update fixed Gateway reporting issues was dashed this morning. House doesn't show using any energy, 0.

And solar collection graph shows production as high as 3.3 kW to this hour from about 8AM yet solar energy reports 0kWh for that 5 hour run. I guess I need to call Tesla on Tuesday.

Tesla Energy servers seem to have been having issues. They had a multi hour outage on Friday and a shorter one on Saturday.

Tesla Energy servers seem to have been having issues. They had a multi hour outage on Friday and a shorter one on Saturday.

I didn’t notice the one yesterday, but it did experience the one on Friday. That one was more than just Tesla Energy though. The app was unable to connect to my Solar/Powerwall system as well as to my Model S. Eventually they both came back online.

Reactions: ra88it
Hi @charlesj

Greetings from way down South. I see the update now carries some explanation. Updates to South Africa and Japan grid support. Not sure what that means but will continue to test. I am having a high Hz issue when on backup mode.

Not sure of the specifics re the problem you are having. App and solar working v well on my side.

Take care.
Thanks. It appears nothing to do with my system, was just hoping when I had a good 5/6 days of great operation and display then went back to the older days of showing house no using any energy/power and some other issues. Back to the drawing board on my part.

Are you saying that you have high Hz when PW is supplying power to house? Or when grid is down and PW supplies the power.
If the latter have you asked tesla to lower the Hz to cut off the solar just a bit above the panel's shut off frequency?

I may have other issues, Gateway or app, as this has been going on for a while. I guess it was a coincidence this past week when it worked as it should but then Saturday back to its usual misbehavior.
When the app doesn't show that hose is using any power all day until PW is running the house there is an issue someplace. Just frustrating

I may have other issues, Gateway or app, as this has been going on for a while. I guess it was a coincidence this past week when it worked as it should but then Saturday back to its usual misbehavior.
When the app doesn't show that hose is using any power all day until PW is running the house there is an issue someplace. Just frustrating

Definitely sounds like you need to call Tesla. Hopefully they can get it fixed quickly.