Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PWS Pause?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 MY made in 4/2021, I'm smack dab in the middle of when the PWS was added (~9/2020) and when the manual says the following feature is unavailable (11/2021).

Supposedly there is a way to pause the PWS (temporarily) under Controls -> Safety -> Pedestrian Warning -> Pause.

I do not see it in my car though. Not sure if this matters, but I subscribed to FSD for a month and am on 2023.26.10 (FSD 11.4.4).
Has anyone with a Tesla (preferably 3/Y) made between 9/1/2020 and 11/1/2021 seen this magical feature?
Is the FSD thing affecting this option?

1693073691184.png

I have a 2021 MY made in 4/2021, I'm smack dab in the middle of when the PWS was added (~9/2020) and when the manual says the following feature is unavailable (11/2021).

Supposedly there is a way to pause the PWS (temporarily) under Controls -> Safety -> Pedestrian Warning -> Pause.

I do not see it in my car though. Not sure if this matters, but I subscribed to FSD for a month and am on 2023.26.10 (FSD 11.4.4).
Has anyone with a Tesla (preferably 3/Y) made between 9/1/2020 and 11/1/2021 seen this magical feature?
Is the FSD thing affecting this option?

View attachment 968432
I have a 2021 M3 built prior to Nov 2021 and have no PWS controls. If the car ever did have a pause control, it was removed in a software update long ago.

I also have a 2023 MY with no pause control. Curiously, neither car has ever activated PWS when in Drive. It is only active in reverse.

We have a 2022 model Y and a 2023 model 3. I believe both of them make a specific sound during low-speed reverse, and a DIFFERENT and softer sound during low-speed forward. I did not notice either of them until I had owned the car for several weeks, and a friend whom I was picking up at his home complimented me on the nice sound it made in reverse.

Still later I realized on going out to the garage to greet my wife driving in with the Y that there was a specific sound which shut down when she had arrived (I think it quits when she gets into Park, but not sure on that).

I also have a 2023 MY with no pause control. Curiously, neither car has ever activated PWS when in Drive. It is only active in reverse.
I’d wager you’re just not hearing it. The drive noise is very subtle and basically just sounds like tire noise at low speeds. I can only hear mine in the garage if I’m looking for it.

I’d wager you’re just not hearing it. The drive noise is very subtle and basically just sounds like tire noise at low speeds. I can only hear mine in the garage if I’m looking for it.
Perhaps so, though I wonder how effective it is if the driver can't hear it with the window down.

Nonetheless, there is no pause control.

I have a 2021 M3 built prior to Nov 2021 and have no PWS controls. If the car ever did have a pause control, it was removed in a software update long ago.

This is in the latest update (2023.26) of the official manual.

I feel like Tesla is pretty good about updating them, but I also feel like if that option existed in the past I would have seen it.

That said, it's quite possible you're right and perhaps it was added for a short time, then taken away.