Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q on Model X

mrtian97

Oct 17, 2016
So Cal
considering this car (I already have Model S without EAP).

1. For the EAP, could we program the car to self park to our garage. My house has curve pathway to the garage

2. Any idea when Tesla will refresh the Model X?

3. Any guess on when Tesla sell the 200,000th car for the federal tax credit?

Thanks

f3honda4me

Feb 22, 2018
Colgate, WI
1. That will require full self driving, not functional yet.

2. No one knows. :(

3. This year for sure. Then if you take delivery during the two full quarters AFTER the quarter in which the 200k vehicle is delivered, you can still get the full $7500.

Seattle Tom

Mar 31, 2016
Seattle, WA
No one knows 2 or 3 except Tesla.

But for 1, it won’t do that yet, but it will do that with EAP. It’s incorrect to say that feature requires FSD.

Curved road/driveway “summon” does not require Full Self Driving. That feature is called Smart Summon and is about halfway down the page ABOVE the section where they start talking about FSD.

Autopilot

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603

But for 1, it won’t do that yet, but it will do that with EAP. It’s incorrect to say that feature requires FSD.

Curved road/driveway “summon” does not require Full Self Driving. That feature is called Smart Summon and is about halfway down the page ABOVE the section where they start talking about FSD.

Autopilot
Good point as the example even has a curved driveway.
vxcDeSm.jpg

outie

May 22, 2016
SoCal
#1 was a feature shown for AP1. It never came to life. Now it’s being shown it will be available for EAP, and after 1.5 years it’s still not available.

So, at the moment the answer to #1 is no. Don’t be surprised they take off the smart summon feature from the website in the future. That’s what they did for AP1.

f3honda4me

Feb 22, 2018
Colgate, WI

Autopilot
Ah thank you I had been told otherwise before.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
On the tax credit, the last quarters of $7500 are the ones IN WHICH Tesla reaches 200,000 domestic sales AND the next one. THEN two quarters of 3750. Then two of 1875. This has been stated hundreds of times over the last several years. :D

On the guesstimate front, the 200K quarter is projected to be Q3 2018 and is guessed to be why 3 sales are being ‘directed’ to Canada right now to make 200,000 fall into July.

f3honda4me

Feb 22, 2018
Colgate, WI
On the tax credit, the last quarters of $7500 are the ones IN WHICH Tesla reaches 200,000 domestic sales AND the next one. THEN two quarters of 3750. Then two of 1875. This has been stated hundreds of times over the last several years. :D

On the guesstimate front, the 200K quarter is projected to be Q3 2018 and is guessed to be why 3 sales are being ‘directed’ to Canada right now to make 200,000 fall into July.
Blah yes I typed the wrong thing in my post and I can’t edit it now. :(

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC