Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 2016 P100D is a unique car in history - "quadfecta"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will go down as the only car to:

-Exceed 300 mile range
-Come with unlimited lifetime fuel.
-Be completely self driving (under some circumstances)
-Be one of the quickest and fastest cars in the world.

It was a unique car. There are still a few available. Should I? The kids I don't have yet don't need a college fund - right?

Maybe true, but only for a short time, probably months. Tesla puts its cars out of date in very little time.

You mean Q4? Is there q2 cars with ap2.0 - or am I misunderstanding q2?

Doh! Yes I meant Q4. My bad.

So, back to the OP's interesting proposition. There are a lot of SUHWEET P100Ds in inventory right now. I say, start a 529 to alleviate future guilt, and pull that trigger. What say you @calisnow?

I say I am tempted. Trouble is I earn my bread investing and any time I spend $ "opportunity cost of capital" rings incessantly in my ears. It's very difficult for me to justify this over a 100D with even more range or a 90D for less money. Or frankly a 60 - I can work on my laptop even though I have to charge more often. Also I used to keep cars 10 years + so I didn't mind spending big. But now with pace of change I want to update my Tesla every 24 mths. Only way to do that and not get killed by depreciation is to stay on the low end of the price scale.

At risk of being terribly presumptuous, what does @calisnowwifey say?

Hope I don't get anyone in trouble.

MY GOD! My gf told me she created an account with that name but I didn't believe her. OMG Tesla motors club is supposed to be my private club. omg. No place is safe.

• Funny
Reactions: DIL and GSP

Looks tasty. There's a silver/black for $10K less in LA - $138K. $15K off sticker. Doesn't have premium package or Sub-Zero but is otherwise loaded.

Is there a known vin cutoff for FUSC

As far as I know every Tesla on the inventory site and EV-CPO right now still has FUSC. Look for the phrase "supercharger enabled" then call Tesla to be sure. I haven't encountered one yet which doesn't.

The crash safety stuff is a bit troubling. Otherwise, yes the feature set on the Dec '16 P100D is a nice combination.

Agreed on the small overlap issue.

As far as I know every Tesla on the inventory site and EV-CPO right now still has FUSC. Look for the phrase "supercharger enabled" then call Tesla to be sure. I haven't encountered one yet which doesn't.

I'd be very careful about that. Surely all CPOs listed have FUSC, but I don't think all Inventory cars will have it. There are a number of 2017 Inventory cars listed, and the SC01 option code is there to denote that it has the supercharger hardware (that code goes back to the 60kwh days when some cars were not SC hardware enabled). I really don't think SC01 means FUSC, especially for any 2017 Inventory car.

I'd be very careful about that. Surely all CPOs listed have FUSC, but I don't think all Inventory cars will have it. There are a number of 2017 Inventory cars listed, and the SC01 option code is there to denote that it has the supercharger hardware (that code goes back to the 60kwh days when some cars were not SC hardware enabled). I really don't think SC01 means FUSC, especially for any 2017 Inventory car.

This was my understanding as well.

It just amazes me that the US prime lending rate is so low, in South Africa it's standing at 10.5% ,so in our case it would be wise to pay it off as quickly as possible, rather than borrowing money for too long. on the other hand it's a Tesla, who needs a fancy education :p