Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can highly recommend Swansea. Great coastline and lots of beaches and top KF staff.
I did have a panic in Halfords this morning. When I asked if anyone had experience in driving Tesla's, the guy replied 'yes, of course'. They then handed over my key card to a guy that had to stop sweeping the waiting room!. I follow him outside, asking if he has ever driven one of these, 'a few' was his reply. Then I witness him trying to press the card to open the car, like there was an imaginary button on it 🙈ffs. I'm glad the couldn't do it tbh
😱😱😱😱😳

Reactions: Kingpopsy
Has anyone had issues with the WiFi signal? I'm thinking the WiFi antenna in the car must be pretty crap as my phone gets perfectly good WiFi on my drive but the car is struggling to even pick it up. I'm now trying to relocate the downstairs node to get it closer to the car but its literally only a few mtrs away as it is.
Is the antenna in the car in the front camera cluster?

Has anyone taken their car into the service centre for issues noticed and reported soon after pick up?

Just been sent the cost estimate ahead of the appointment next week to approve and they want me to pay £75 for 1cm of paintwork?! Wasn't aware paint defects as such weren't included and feel its a bit cheeky considering it was like that on pick up (and reported on the same day!)

I accidentally approved it, but sent a message to query it. Everything else was listed under the basic warranty...

Has anyone had issues with the WiFi signal? I'm thinking the WiFi antenna in the car must be pretty crap as my phone gets perfectly good WiFi on my drive but the car is struggling to even pick it up. I'm now trying to relocate the downstairs node to get it closer to the car but its literally only a few mtrs away as it is.
Is the antenna in the car in the front camera cluster?

You have correctly identified that WiFi reception is generally regarded as poor (Model 3 at least, I can't comment on other models). Antenna is in the wing mirror. The Access Point needs to be as close as possible and even then you are unlikely to get full bars. Experiment with parking angle too.

Reactions: Brian G
I don't have a WiFi connection issue per se, only if the provider is down. Good luck with finding a solution which does not involve having the car in the house (much as we would like to). I hear that there are little houses just for cars but you can't have one if your house is in a terrace unless you buy the house next door for it.

In other business: For the first time since that magical day in late June when Lizzie and I got together and life has been lived in soft focus, I have taken little notice of the charge stats in the app. I have really only used the app to switch on the air conditioning to keep her cool whilst parked (perhaps a clue to what is yet to come).

So, le stats: 486 kWh for 1084 miles quell horror! Total cost £153
Supposed savings £247. This, if my sums are correct, means a theoretical total cost for diesel of £400 for 1084 miles. Say £7.35 average gallon of diesel over the period which would mean that £400 bought 54.4 (Imperial that is, in case a US member is reading this) gallons.

So, the comparison for savings is based on a gassy 19/20 miles to the gallon average.

Now, my X3 with A3 and M3 journeys plus suburban miles getting to said highways and European Peage fun and with the air-con blasting would turn in at least 35 miles per. (Actually, on a temperate day, 41/42 is not, as Tom the Song would say: unusual.)

So, even on the basis of 35 mpg, the savings are somewhat less than "advertised."

Now then.... SWMBO says " It's all very well to compare with the sedate X3, but what about that pimped up V6 Saab Convertible with the huge drug dealers wheels? She only returned about 20 mpg when you posed up and down Kings Road. Even though I told you : She is not a Ferrari Darling,"

Well now, SWMBO has a better memory than me.

I do recognise that running the air-con both on the move and when parked is going to impact consumption; to what extent is very debatable from what I have read on the inter thingy. Also Sentry Mode has been on so long, it required a changing of the guard ceremony. And, maybe the odd launch from sixty to too fast has had an impact but even so guys....... a bit of a blow which will, of course, be ameliorated when you tell me I have got my sums all wrong....or maybe not.:)

Now then again: I had better post this before the Virgin drops out again.

Reactions: S3XY T3SLA
I don't have a WiFi connection issue per se, only if the provider is down. Good luck with finding a solution which does not involve having the car in the house (much as we would like to). I hear that there are little houses just for cars but you can't have one if your house is in a terrace unless you buy the house next door for it.

In other business: For the first time since that magical day in late June when Lizzie and I got together and life has been lived in soft focus, I have taken little notice of the charge stats in the app. I have really only used the app to switch on the air conditioning to keep her cool whilst parked (perhaps a clue to what is yet to come).

So, le stats: 486 kWh for 1084 miles quell horror! Total cost £153
Supposed savings £247. This, if my sums are correct, means a theoretical total cost for diesel of £400 for 1084 miles. Say £7.35 average gallon of diesel over the period which would mean that £400 bought 54.4 (Imperial that is, in case a US member is reading this) gallons.

So, the comparison for savings is based on a gassy 19/20 miles to the gallon average.

Now, my X3 with A3 and M3 journeys plus suburban miles getting to said highways and European Peage fun and with the air-con blasting would turn in at least 35 miles per. (Actually, on a temperate day, 41/42 is not, as Tom the Song would say: unusual.)

So, even on the basis of 35 mpg, the savings are somewhat less than "advertised."

Now then.... SWMBO says " It's all very well to compare with the sedate X3, but what about that pimped up V6 Saab Convertible with the huge drug dealers wheels? She only returned about 20 mpg when you posed up and down Kings Road. Even though I told you : She is not a Ferrari Darling,"

Well now, SWMBO has a better memory than me.

I do recognise that running the air-con both on the move and when parked is going to impact consumption; to what extent is very debatable from what I have read on the inter thingy. Also Sentry Mode has been on so long, it required a changing of the guard ceremony. And, maybe the odd launch from sixty to too fast has had an impact but even so guys....... a bit of a blow which will, of course, be ameliorated when you tell me I have got my sums all wrong....or maybe not.:)

Now then again: I had better post this before the Virgin drops out again.
🤷‍♂️

80AE43A0-3082-4ABE-9A1A-A3E012439F32.jpeg

Thanks for that. Much cheaper electricity than mine. However, it does not indicate your watts per mile.... or am I missing something?
265Wh/m for me over 1555 miles. Total charge cost £19.57 at home and ‘free’ charging through ChargePlaceScotland for the rest. So that’s cost to me of 1.259p/m compared to 23.4p/m for the replaced petrol Mercedes C Class. I’d budgeted on net saving of £200/month based on solely home charging but getting saving of around £275/month. Caveat is doubt the access to free charging will last.

Thanks for that. Much cheaper electricity than mine. However, it does not indicate your watts per mile.... or am I missing something?
I tend not to compete with wh/mile comparisons, as I always lose. I am afflicted with lead foot syndrome, a genuine human tragedy.

The cheap electricity is just off-peak Octopus Go rates at 7.5p/kWh.

613542CA-6BAD-494F-9EED-3B230A9BAB96.jpeg

Don’t judge me 😂 Stats from Tessie.

Last edited:
Where did you get this info as I've just checked my HyperVolt charger app as i've only ever charged at home and it says 418.74kWh and i've driven 1027 miles.

edit: nevermind, stupid app, was showing me stats of one month and not total 🤨😝
I have just discovered that the "car" screen gives an option "Trips" where one can see the consumption relative to miles driven without taking AC and Sentry into account (very clever). So, much comforted, I now know that my average driving usage is 274 wattsisnames per mile.:). Still quite a leaden foot though.

Last edited:
Where did you get this info as I've just checked my HyperVolt charger app as i've only ever charged at home and it says 418.74kWh and i've driven 1027 miles.

edit: nevermind, stupid app, was showing me stats of one month and not total 🤨😝
This information is available in the Tesla app on your phone. However, it provides a number for the total energy "pumped" . It does not break it down into actual driving usage. I have now discovered the "Trips" option in the car.

Reactions: Kingpopsy
View attachment 836254
I've been using supercharger or the free pod points at work or cps (when i can find one that works). No home charger till next week so I'm either 50p or free on a 50/50 split so still cheaper than diesel but will improve as most of the supercharging will transfer to home.
280ish wh pm
Your actual driving energy usage can be seen in "Trips" in the car. I would be interested to compare please.