Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tailgated a wagon for 10 miles, I’m ok now 😁
Ahh yes - Nice. That was the other trick that was mentioned, if needed.
You risk a cracked windscreen and the car being off the road for months, but I’d do the same!

I did also read that in England you are never more than 13miles from a public charger on the main road network, so there’s that.

Seems like a nice problem to have, seen as I’m still waiting for the car.

#TeamBlue hopefully Q3 Delivery…

Reactions: Wattsisname
Ahh yes - Nice. That was the other trick that was mentioned, if needed.
You risk a cracked windscreen and the car being off the road for months, but I’d do the same!

I did also read that in England you are never more than 13miles from a public charger on the main road network, so there’s that.

Seems like a nice problem to have, seen as I’m still waiting for the car.

#TeamBlue hopefully Q3 Delivery…
Yeah mileage improvement is crazy when you get a 44t LGV smashing a hole in the air!

I’ve also read that there is about 11 miles of reserve after 0%!

When is your EDD for #teamblue?

Reactions: Toblerone
Yeah mileage improvement is crazy when you get a 44t LGV smashing a hole in the air!

Yeah that whatcar article and RSEV both had about 11miles after audible alerts. Easy.

Sept 1-30 is my EDD. Some of the Q3 guys have VINs or calls from Tesla already. I just have a text asking if I want delivery in June 😆

Hopefully there is a ship on the horizon - do you Q2 boys & girls remember those days?!

Yeah that whatcar article and RSEV both had about 11miles after audible alerts. Easy.

Sept 1-30 is my EDD. Some of the Q3 guys have VINs or calls from Tesla already. I just have a text asking if I want delivery in June 😆

Hopefully there is a ship on the horizon - do you Q2 boys & girls remember those days?!
I was one of the lucky ones, my driver who delivered it said it was the first from the Avonmouth delivery, so my pain wasn’t as bad as some. Mine is a lease vehicle so never had an EDD to worry about 🤣.

Have you bought lots of accessories for it yet?

EASY!!!

Attachments

• C8027442-FD8A-4215-940C-D1F7496A5449.jpeg
    C8027442-FD8A-4215-940C-D1F7496A5449.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Toblerone
I think you and I may have gone to different schools…mostly the older kids in my school stole the younger kids lunch money and welcomed the new intake with a right good kicking 😀

I’m assuming you didn’t have this in mind though 😂
I t

I tried it behind a massive wagon carrying telecoms equipment .. 🤔... I think it was an LGV BT 🙄

Richard Symons, EV Dealer in Hampshire, has made some very good, down to earth style, vids on Youtube. One of these, concerns running a Tesla to "empty" I can't remember if it was a 3 or a Y ( not reallyrelevant) but certainly worth a watch.
Spoiler Alert : He was glad of the Mobile Connector.

I really hope so too. I quite forgot that you are still waiting. It seems you have been here as long as any of us.

Not to have been matched yet is a travesty. Maybe the best VIN takes a little longer.....
... you will be in Bonkersville with joy when she arrives.

Yes indeed. And who knew?! During the day, I have gone even further than CHP, I have set the cabin temperature to keep her under 30C and 15.5C prior to departure and during trips. Add to this sentry mode and voila, I can drain the grid.

At this rate, its cheaper to drive (with the windows open) that be parked up.

What the hell, I still adore her...it's just a lovers' tiff..... Lizzie will have to become Sweaty Betty.
Not an owner but soon will be (Q4) I like reading this thread to see everyone’s daily interactions and reviews!

With CHP I’ve never really understood- I have a black interior Audi A4 and during hot days (especially recently) I just open the window (both side front) by about 5cm… does the job

I don’t quite get why Tesla wouldn’t put this option in? Surely it can be automatic through software?

Not an owner but soon will be (Q4) I like reading this thread to see everyone’s daily interactions and reviews!

With CHP I’ve never really understood- I have a black interior Audi A4 and during hot days (especially recently) I just open the window (both side front) by about 5cm… does the job

I don’t quite get why Tesla wouldn’t put this option in? Surely it can be automatic through software?
Dumb question, what is CHP?

Just checking in with you guy's and reporting how economy is working out.😘

As you can see I have covered 4,272 since I received my Model Y on 30th June 2022.

Averaging 264 Wh/mile which in my opinion is pretty darn good.:cool:

I had the Acceleration Boost installed the week after I purchased the car so it does get a blast now and again but in general I drive it "maturely" and still getting these results.

Something to look forward to for the members still waiting for their car to arrive and also interested to hear what others are getting with stats..

PS: for what it's worth my previous Model S I struggled to get below 300 Wh/mile.
stats.jpg

It’s a security thing. But you can remotely vent the car should you desire:

C486BB99-FDB7-4732-BB64-8B70B1AF341B.jpeg

Also I find the “fan only” CHP makes a considerable difference.

I really hope so too. I quite forgot that you are still waiting. It seems you have been here as long as any of us.

Not to have been matched yet is a travesty. Maybe the best VIN takes a little longer.....
... you will be in Bonkersville with joy when she arrives.
We (or at least I and I'm sure Tobes) miss all you Q2'rs in the waiting rooms, though I'm sure you don't miss us 🤣

Can't wait to join the discussions on here as well. I don't nearly see as many MY's on the road as I'd like - though I always seems to find many in central London! Looks like people are really making use of their free CC :D

Last edited:
Can't wait to join the discussions on here as well. I don't nearly see as many MY's on the road as I'd like - though I always seems to find many in central London! Looks like people are really making use of their free CC :D
Having had ours since early March (smug) and seeing barely any for months... I'm seeing more and more of them in the south west now. We have a neighbour with a blue one, and I probably see 2-4 per day on commute. They're multiplying!