Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 Collections - new owners thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A coin in the box of “tilt the balance”…

Since taking delivery of “Barry” in late June, SWMBO found she loves driving the Y so much that “her” vehicle hasn’t done more than 10 miles in as many weeks.

This is completely unexpected, and she has amazed herself.

I myself am desperately unhappy about the situation as getting the dropped chocolate fragments from her frantic in-car mastication off the vegan leather driver seat is becoming a real chore…
At least it's vegan chocolate ...one hopes!

Actually @Utumno, you have, with your chuckle inducing account, turned the handle of the spirits lifter for me; sick as the proverbial brightly coloured chatty avian, I have had, this very morning, the dreaded wheel rash visited upon me.

Oh the horror my Heart of Darkness :eek::oops:. I have been caught out by one of London's Third World streets (ironically my own); a tilted forward granite kerb stone to be exact. It was probably recently dislodged by a truck's wheel load up on the kerb whilst executing an eight point turn.

So, to the meat of the meal that I am making out of this account; the reversing camera guide lines indicated an impeccable bit of parking...but I failed to notice in the conveniently down turned wing mirrors, this protruding granite nib of recent origin.

When I heard (and felt) resistance, I immediately moved forward a little under the impression that something must be trapped under the car, thereby clouting the nib again..

However, after inspecting the underside and finding nothing of significance thereunder,I settled back in the pilots seat and.....reversed again.... into the nib!!!! The damage is not too deep but way around the rim edge.

It would be my natural instinct to park six inches from the kerb. However, our road is not too wide and has vehicles parked on each side. If there is a vacant space opposite, it is quickly filled by a white van delivering the products of online shopping.... even sometimes, Tesla accessories.

The reduced carriage way situation is exacerbated by the total disregard for the 20mph limit, in particular by delivery vans on the clock and SUVs; the bigger they are the faster they go......late for school drop off or pickup. Fearless mothers!

More than one of my neighbours has, overtime had their car's side-scraped by "scrape-and-run"monkeys though, in that regard at least, I have been lucky.....so far.

Now then.....Writing this overly long account has been cathartic for me......

.....How was it for you?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It’s the usb data module that was discussed earlier in this thread. Allows the centre console usb-c ports to support a game controller or play music from a usb stick.

Otherwise you have to use the port in the glovebox, which is used for sentry and you would have to partition the drive for music, etc.

Cost £60 delivered. Maybe not worth it for all, but I’m hoarding accessories and it’s not the most useless thing ive bought.
I think I’ll order one.

Reactions: Toblerone
At least it's vegan chocolate ...one hopes!

Actually @Utumno, you have, with your chuckle inducing account, turned the handle of the spirits lifter for me; sick as the proverbial brightly coloured chatty avian, I have had, this very morning, the dreaded wheel rash visited upon me.

Oh the horror my Heart of Darkness :eek::oops:. I have been caught out by one of London's Third World streets (ironically my own); a tilted forward granite kerb stone to be exact. It was probably recently dislodged by a truck's wheel load up on the kerb whilst executing an eight point turn.

So, to the meat of the meal that I am making out of this account; the reversing camera guide lines indicated an impeccable bit of parking...but I failed to notice in the conveniently down turned wing mirrors, this protruding granite nib of recent origin.

When I heard (and felt) resistance, I immediately moved forward a little under the impression that something must be trapped under the car, thereby clouting the nib again..

However, after inspecting the underside and finding nothing of significance thereunder,I settled back in the pilots seat and.....reversed again.... into the nib!!!! The damage is not too deep but way around the rim edge.

It would be my natural instinct to park six inches from the kerb. However, our road is not too wide and has vehicles parked on each side. If there is a vacant space opposite, it is quickly filled by a white van delivering the products of online shopping.... even sometimes, Tesla accessories.

The reduced carriage way situation is exacerbated by the total disregard for the 20mph limit, in particular by delivery vans on the clock and SUVs; the bigger they are the faster they go......late for school drop off or pickup. Fearless mothers!

More than one of my neighbours has, overtime had their car's side-scraped by "scrape-and-run"monkeys though, in that regard at least, I have been lucky.....so far.

Now then.....Writing this overly long account has been cathartic for me......

.....How was it for you?:rolleyes:
I’m glad to have lightened your day 😂

Also imagine your reaction had you barked black Inductions rather than the Gemini rims.

Maybe now’s the time for those AliExpress full coverage wheel covers, or some Rimetrix Laminars?

Reactions: Wattsisname
I’m glad to have lightened your day 😂

Also imagine your reaction had you barked black Inductions rather than the Gemini rims.

Maybe now’s the time for those AliExpress full coverage wheel covers, or some Rimetrix Laminars
🤔It's under consideration thank you.

Of course, had they been Inductiond, I would have used it as an excuse to change to Geminis😊

Reactions: Utumno
Thanks man. I am sorry I cannot read this much text.
As my boos would say, give it to me in 5 bullets. Or maybe thats
what my partner would say. Love the long version, for bottom readers we
just need to know the key points.
1. love the car
2. trunk has lots of space for having fun
sorry, need to go, law and order is on.
happy hour, never mind
my book review of 2001 a space thing was shorter than this
An American wrote a comprehensive and interesting account of his 40K miles experience. Whilst the reaction above was probably written in jest, it prompted me respond with a rant and thereby release a few pent-up opinions:

I can't see your book taking up "space" on my shelves.:) Although, to be fair, I would guess that it is a slim volume;).

Warning: The following could be the longest sentence since Henry James' explorations of the middle class human condition.

Living, as we do, in a world of sound bites and unsound bytes, excessive coping out to bullet points and excessive (US) cop fired pointed bullets,
breaking news and faking news, much reduced attention spans and overwhelming junk and spam, it is a pleasure to read a comprehensive account from a member who took the trouble to share his Tesla owning experience with us. Thank you.

QuoteReply
ReportEdit

Hi Guy's, hope you are all keeping well and good.:)

My Model Y delivered 30th June has now passed the 10,000 mile mark and still can't get enough of driving it.:cool:

The only thing that did annoy me until this week was the rear seatbelt buckles if not placed properly when no-one was in used to "Chatter" against the plastic trim next to the seats.

I finally cured that problem by purchasing a roll / strip of heavy "Self adhesive felt padding" like this from Amazon which I placed discreetly and hard to tell it's there.

Totally silenced those annoying un-necessary noises for good.😁

Just this week got the latest 2022.24.8 firmware pushed through and I'm sure has helped and 99% cured the "Phantom Braking" that has plagued Tesla's for years now, touch wood mine hasn't done it since. Time will tell.

Changes can be seen here so it's still excellent progress from the people in the drawing room at Tesla HQ.😘

Car still looks like new and no regrets purchasing this beauty which I drive every day.🥰

Model Y-1.jpg

Hello! Come in Red Team Leader @busterboy - over. Nice to see you here.:)

10K of good British miles! That is amazing mate. I wonder how many times you have used the brake pedal. I am averaging about one touch per 200 miles. The regen breaking is a revelation and even better than the engine braking on a four stroke motorcycle. It's also quite a shock when I drive SWBMO's Fiat; I lift and the car seems to accelerate before I hit the middle pedal.

1,600 miles here and every one of them a joy.

We are taking it to another level on Tuesday; first visit to the mainland since the damn Brexit. The green sections on the plates now sport a Jack and "UK". (Who thought up this nonsense? GB not good enough any more?) It actually looks quite O.K..

So, a quick top up at Folkestone then on the train and then, voila, La Belle France and ready to see if the replacement Imovis Tag works at the first Peage auto barrier. We have used them for about eight years - so convenient, particularly for a right hand drive car.

Ashamed to admit it but I have not yet tried EAP Really looking forward to debuting it on the Peage and particularly now that phantom breaking has almost been cured. That takes a load off so thank you for the information.

Keep trucking! Now there's a thought; when will we see the first Cybertruck on the M25? Or the 62;)

Last edited:
Hi Guy's, hope you are all keeping well and good.:)

My Model Y delivered 30th June has now passed the 10,000 mile mark and still can't get enough of driving it.:cool:

The only thing that did annoy me until this week was the rear seatbelt buckles if not placed properly when no-one was in used to "Chatter" against the plastic trim next to the seats.

I finally cured that problem by purchasing a roll / strip of heavy "Self adhesive felt padding" like this from Amazon which I placed discreetly and hard to tell it's there.

Totally silenced those annoying un-necessary noises for good.😁

Just this week got the latest 2022.24.8 firmware pushed through and I'm sure has helped and 99% cured the "Phantom Braking" that has plagued Tesla's for years now, touch wood mine hasn't done it since. Time will tell.

Changes can be seen here so it's still excellent progress from the people in the drawing room at Tesla HQ.😘

Car still looks like new and no regrets purchasing this beauty which I drive every day.🥰

View attachment 852716
Sweet. Would you be able to share a pix of the seatbelt workaround ? For some reason mine don't seem to rattle (or if they do, the rattling doesn't bother me!) but a chap two doors up has just taken delivery and it's driving him mad. A picture of a decent solution might spur him into some DIY such that he stops bending my ear down the pub about it. No problem if you'd rather not though.

Reactions: Wattsisname
Sweet. Would you be able to share a pix of the seatbelt workaround ? For some reason mine don't seem to rattle (or if they do, the rattling doesn't bother me!) but a chap two doors up has just taken delivery and it's driving him mad. A picture of a decent solution might spur him into some DIY such that he stops bending my ear down the pub about it. No problem if you'd rather not though.
Yes although I hang my head in shame because I could have spent longer and made the job much tidier.🤭
felt.JPG

felt1.JPG

Ok Q2 lads @Wattsisname @Kingpopsy @busterboy et al.

I’ve finally joined the club. Better late than never.

What a machine!
Brill Tobes!
I have been off line for a while and could not have hoped for better news on my return. Enjoy! How could you not! She is beauty.
We are finally getting a few proper miles under us; we are in France where the Peage surface is superb ( not so some of the smaller country roads but she rides them fine).
She is so smooth and fast and great at loosing tailgaters.

Looking forward to following your progress and that of other Q3 grads.