Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 rush delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
New member here. I placed my order last Thursday and this morning I got a text message saying my Y will be delivered this Wed (9/30). This is what I was trying to avoid (getting a car rushed out the door to make quarterly numbers).
I had replied to the Tesla guy telling him I am not ready for another 3 weeks.
Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks,
-Dan

I am getting a car that was not "made" for me. I ordered in August and got a notice we found you a car at a hub, your pickup date is next week. Had not heard anything from Tesla except you are 2 to 4 weeks from delivery before that.

You may not have been a rush, you are more likely a car that became availible.

Last edited:
I would say that Tesla is working hard to produce and deliver as much as possible. That is normal and will continue on an upward trend, if the Vehicle is acceptable to you and VIN number is high, it is likely freshly produced and should not be a cause for concern. As long as you take notes and notify Tesla of any potential QC issues, they will fix it.

Hi all,
New member here. I placed my order last Thursday and this morning I got a text message saying my Y will be delivered this Wed (9/30). This is what I was trying to avoid (getting a car rushed out the door to make quarterly numbers).
I had replied to the Tesla guy telling him I am not ready for another 3 weeks.
Anyone in the same situation?
Thanks,
-Dan
Yes, the same thing happened to me this morning. Ordered last Wednesday and text today to pick up tomorrow at 430. So much for 5-9 weeks. I am hoping it was not rejected by someone in front of me and is just good luck - fingers crossed!