Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality feedback for Model Xs delivered after April

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine 4/30. Car is amazing. Perfect. Got the accessory hitch - but now that i think about it, it's prob the tow hitch cause it didnt look like the accessory piece they had in the reveal. No sunshade. they said they will be sending it, though I am not holding my breath on that one, doesnt seem necessary anyway.

I cannot say more about how awesome the car is. So far so good here! Build date 4/16.

Got mine 4/30. Car is amazing. Perfect. Got the accessory hitch - but now that i think about it, it's prob the tow hitch cause it didnt look like the accessory piece they had in the reveal. No sunshade. they said they will be sending it, though I am not holding my breath on that one, doesnt seem necessary anyway.

I cannot say more about how awesome the car is. So far so good here! Build date 4/16.

Awesome! Finally a good news! If not to much to ask, can you take pic of your car silver panel seals? Especially the alignment between the two silver handles on both side of the car. Also the front and end of the silver panels please. Thanks in advance.

Received my P90D Vin9xx on April 28. The sensors are functioning flawlessly, no problems with the motorized doors or latches, and the car drives beautifully. I noticed a slight misalignment of the passenger Fwd at delivery, which actually has improved in the last week (maybe the seals have "settled"). Wind noise does not seem to be a problem; quieter than my old Lexus Rx400h. Very spacious for my family of 5, looking forward to my first road trip. Awesome vehicle!

Received my P90D Vin9xx on April 28. The sensors are functioning flawlessly, no problems with the motorized doors or latches, and the car drives beautifully. I noticed a slight misalignment of the passenger Fwd at delivery, which actually has improved in the last week (maybe the seals have "settled"). Wind noise does not seem to be a problem; quieter than my old Lexus Rx400h. Very spacious for my family of 5, looking forward to my first road trip. Awesome vehicle!

Awesome to hear. Please take pic of the slight misalignment pic if possible for us to compare. Thanks again.

@Desmo999 Thanks for sharing your info with us. Your condition is very similar to mine. Just enjoy the car. It is what is it. We need to start enjoying the car rather than looking at the details. The most important thing is safety, as long as those are only surface cosmetic issues, we are not risking anything for safety. We are good.

SC gave me other instructions... Service Advisor told me to stop using the FWD to prevent damage after I showed him video of the door grinding loudly against the body/trim. It's not a "cosmetic" alignment issue, the door is misaligned on close where it will start to cause body damage or break the glass. It looks OK when closed, it's just during the closing where the impact is happening. They can't schedule my car back in until June since they're backed up with too many other Model X repairs.

Posted in another thread, but I ended up applying my own fix while I wait for June since the door button seems like a magnet for friends when they see the car...

IMG_1339.jpg

SC gave me other instructions... Service Advisor told me to stop using the FWD to prevent damage after I showed him video of the door grinding loudly against the body/trim. It's not a "cosmetic" alignment issue, the door is misaligned on close where it will start to cause body damage or break the glass. It looks OK when closed, it's just during the closing where the impact is happening. They can't schedule my car back in until June since they're backed up with too many other Model X repairs.

Posted in another thread, but I ended up applying my own fix while I wait for June since the door button seems like a magnet for friends when they see the car...

View attachment 175297

From the outside of the car, your seals looks much better than mine. I think there is too thin of a gap between the FWD and the edges around it. June is still one month away, but your car will be taken care of. Don't cause any body damage, my car caused body damage and took sooo long to fix. Your precaution is excellent. How is your front driver and passenger doors working? Are they latching ok from constant opening and closing?

View attachment 175297

Not the best photo op for the brand but clearly your tag line is appropriate. Hope the fix is early vs. late June.

I skimmed through a lot of these responses, so excuse any repetition. We received our X on March 7th. The biggest issue was the door latch. After a few attempts, it was finally fixed on April 26th. I live in the city, in a highrise. Parking is very tight and the driver door has repeatedly hit either my husband's car or the concrete post. I'm not sure why it's not sensing it. I have turned off the automatic door open due to being in the city and it could get dangerous. I chipped a little bit of the paint of the spoiler from opening the trunk in a garage, in the city, and it hit the ceiling/concrete sticking out. The only thing right now is the horn is not working and we're waiting for the part to get in. Overall we're happy with the X. The white interior has been a challenge with the kids and, though I love it, in retrospect, I may have decided to get black instead. We even got a rip in the seat. I've never had a rip in all the leather cars we've had before.

I skimmed through a lot of these responses, so excuse any repetition. We received our X on March 7th. The biggest issue was the door latch. After a few attempts, it was finally fixed on April 26th. I live in the city, in a highrise. Parking is very tight and the driver door has repeatedly hit either my husband's car or the concrete post. I'm not sure why it's not sensing it. I have turned off the automatic door open due to being in the city and it could get dangerous. I chipped a little bit of the paint of the spoiler from opening the trunk in a garage, in the city, and it hit the ceiling/concrete sticking out. The only thing right now is the horn is not working and we're waiting for the part to get in. Overall we're happy with the X. The white interior has been a challenge with the kids and, though I love it, in retrospect, I may have decided to get black instead. We even got a rip in the seat. I've never had a rip in all the leather cars we've had before.

Thanks for report. I read somewhere that Tesla recognized issues with the white seats and there was going to be a free modification for owners. Did that get resolved for you? btw: where was the rip?

Thanks for report. I read somewhere that Tesla recognized issues with the white seats and there was going to be a free modification for owners. Did that get resolved for you? btw: where was the rip?

It was an Elon tweet. Someone tweeted that there was a rip in the white seats at the meet the X event and he responded with it was a problem and they were going to reinforce the material.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan