TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Question about view of brake light in rear view mirror

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by AC2DC, Dec 30, 2019.

1. AC2DC

AC2DC Member

I’ve had my car for about 3 weeks, and from the first time I drove it, the interior view of my center rear-view brake light looks like this. Does your brake light look decentered like this? Or rather, not decentered, but different from the left and right sides? Zoom in on the small lights above the rear seat.

7CC71BF9-8EBB-4A69-9963-A45CCAEC6775.jpeg

2. glide

glide Active Member

They appear to line up with the defroster strips so I would say “normal”.

3. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

I don't think I've ever seen my 3rd light in my rear view mirror in my 2018 (VIN 4xxxx) build car, so seeing it all is weird to me.

• Like x 1
  4. AC2DC

AC2DC Member

This picture is taken looking into my interior rear view mirror while braking. On the left side, the small red lights align with the rear defroster lines. On the right side, there are also individual lights until line #3, and then there is a solid red bright line that continues to line 7 or 8 of the rear defroster lines. Does anyone else see these lights in their rear view mirror when braking?
    2796A84C-194D-4187-A4D2-2A624169F1AB.jpeg

5. destructure00

destructure00 Active Member

I can't see lights from inside at all when braking. Possible that your brake light is not seated correctly in the shelf trim piece. What does it look like from outside the car?

• Like x 1
  6. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

I like it infact, because with a one pedal driving, then you can see when the stop lights turn on.

• Like x 1
  7. 640k

640k Member

ok so there was a post on here a couple months back about someone else with a similar issue and it was determined that the trunk deck covers were improperly installed. i tried looking for the thread but couldn't find it.

• Like x 1
  8. jpfive

jpfive Supporting Member

Yes mine looks the same. I was concerned there might be a problem with LED strip. However, my son checked it for me in the driveway and all was normal from a rear view of the car.

• Like x 1