Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about view of brake light in rear view mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my car for about 3 weeks, and from the first time I drove it, the interior view of my center rear-view brake light looks like this. Does your brake light look decentered like this? Or rather, not decentered, but different from the left and right sides? Zoom in on the small lights above the rear seat.

7CC71BF9-8EBB-4A69-9963-A45CCAEC6775.jpeg

I’ve had my car for about 3 weeks, and from the first time I drove it, the interior view of my center rear-view brake light looks like this. Does your brake light look decentered like this? Or rather, not decentered, but different from the left and right sides? Zoom in on the small lights above the rear seat.

View attachment 494580

They appear to line up with the defroster strips so I would say “normal”.

This picture is taken looking into my interior rear view mirror while braking. On the left side, the small red lights align with the rear defroster lines. On the right side, there are also individual lights until line #3, and then there is a solid red bright line that continues to line 7 or 8 of the rear defroster lines. Does anyone else see these lights in their rear view mirror when braking?
2796A84C-194D-4187-A4D2-2A624169F1AB.jpeg

ok so there was a post on here a couple months back about someone else with a similar issue and it was determined that the trunk deck covers were improperly installed. i tried looking for the thread but couldn't find it.

Reactions: AC2DC

View attachment 494580

Yes mine looks the same. I was concerned there might be a problem with LED strip. However, my son checked it for me in the driveway and all was normal from a rear view of the car.

Reactions: AC2DC