Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about VIN received

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my VIN today. Austin built 2022 Model Y.

Vehicle has USS still, and the Tesla Rep mentioned it was actually built August 4th, but that it had just shipped from Austin. She mentioned that this was because the Austin plant produced a lot before shipping since it’s a newer plant.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Was trying to see if it was a previously rejected vehicle but the rep said it was coming directly from Austin.

Guessing this probably won’t have the newer suspension.

Thanks!

Reactions: ord3r
T
This tool is handy.
Don't disclose Serial Number Digits (13-17)
Thanks, I did this and it gave me some information but I wasn’t able to confirm build date outside of what the Tesla rep told me. She did mention that maybe it was because of the tow hitch option? Doesn’t make sense to me.

But why would it be shipping directly (hasn’t left yet) the Austin plant if it were a reject?

wow!! Wonder where these are coming from. A bit worried someone else saw the same issue, since we only get one reject then it's final.

23' VIN or bust for me at this point, I'm just letting them cancel if the nextone is also weird.

Just received my VIN today. Austin built 2022 Model Y.

Vehicle has USS still, and the Tesla Rep mentioned it was actually built August 4th, but that it had just shipped from Austin. She mentioned that this was because the Austin plant produced a lot before shipping since it’s a newer plant.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Was trying to see if it was a previously rejected vehicle but the rep said it was coming directly from Austin.

Guessing this probably won’t have the newer suspension.

Thanks!
probably a rejected car. I got my delivery on Aug 29 from Austin. Received my Vin on Aug 15th

Looking at the videos from GF Austin there are/were literally hundreds of cars sat there waiting, not damaged, not rejected.
Basically the least likely scenario is that it was rejected and the most likely that it was waiting for parts.