Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for those with over 100k miles who have never replaced their battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think year and model are important details.
My 2014 Model S P85 I have owned since 65k is at 97k now so I am close but not over 100k.
Far as I know the pack is original service folks have been pretty forthcoming with past repairs.
At 65k it had degraded from 265 to 257
At 97k it is down to 242miles
That was sudden last year.
Only supercharge a few times a year.
Cold weather supercharging last fall was tragically slow even hours into travel don't think I saw over 250mph.
A few days ago and a bunch of updates later I went to the supercharger on a hot day and 5% remaining, spiked to 128kw immediately fell to 120kw and then ramped steadily down immediately, probably only 20seconds at 120kw. Projected 55minutes to go from 5-90% which is I think what it was when I bought it or at least close.

P85DL with 114K miles.
Daily charge to 90% when commuting my 260 mile round trip to work (charge at work to 90% too).
Stored at 50 to 60% when not used. i.e. I never let it sit at 90% for more than an hour and usually only a few minutes after charging end.
About 30% of mileage from supercharging.

I've just ticked up to about 6% degradation on my Ludicrous upgraded 85.

Disclaimer, I'm still on V8. Many 85s show much higher than actual degradation due to new software limiting of capacity that started in May of last year with V9.

How often do you charge your battery? Do you use supercharging often? What % state of charge to you charge to and discharge to?
I'm at just over 106,000 miles. My 85 kWh battery gets 240 miles at 100% charge. It charges slower now at the supercharger than it used to because of Tesla's #chargegate software updates in the last year. I charge at 3am every night and keep the state of charge between 50% and 70% most of the time. Home charge rate varies between 48A and 80A, depending on how soon I need to drive. I supercharge very little.