TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Questions about the Truck

Discussion in 'Cybertruck' started by ThomasD, Nov 23, 2019.

1. ThomasD

ThomasD Member

HI everyone I'm new here and have questions I didn't hear Mr Musk mention the hitch weight rating. Do you guys think it will be higher than the others? Looking at the bed I'm curious if it would hold up to use over time Will I be able to Line x it without Tesla saying it will void the warranty? I think that some of the features will change. Things like the steering wheel. It seems that it would be hard to use backing up a Trailer. That is just my opinion. I would like to see large side mirrors with heated lens and integrated turn signals. What do you all think about the lights will they make it into production. Mr Musk said you will be able to get a Solar Panel for the cover. With a Solar cover will the cover still retract? Thanks for reading my first post and have a good weekend

2. LJDevonte

LJDevonte Member

I love the look of the front lights, but I would be surprised if they make it to production. 1) are LED bar lights legal?
    2) how do you repair/replace?

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

new truck

4. mongo

mongo Well-Known Member

The towing ratings are on the web page. 7.5, 10, and 14k.
    Steering wheel was same as Roadster 2020, likely not production intent.
    Tesla prototypes often do not have side mirrors, but they are required in the US.
    Not sure if top light bar is road legal, but the main lights can be via the LED optics.
    The solar vault cover would work the same with narrow strips of solar cells bonded to the metal sections.

• Like x 1
  5. ThomasD

ThomasD Member