Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are people finding the ride quality? I'm on 18" aero and the ride is really not as comfortable as I would like.

I don't think I would even mind if it was just quite firm, but I find the car just jitters nearly the whole time I am driving it. It is also made worse that often a bump on one rear wheel doesn't just get absorbed but seems to cause some lateral rocking of the whole car.

That doesn't sound right. Maybe get someone who is familiar with Model 3 to test. It would be against all expectations for 20" wheels to make the ride more compliant ... you even less sidewall flex so I can't imagine that's the answer. My SR+ feels glorious even with tyre pressures a little above recommended.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
That doesn't sound right. Maybe get someone who is familiar with Model 3 to test. It would be against all expectations for 20" wheels to make the ride more compliant ... you even less sidewall flex so I can't imagine that's the answer. My SR+ feels glorious even with tyre pressures a little above recommended.
Interesting, what psi are you running? My car was delivered as 42.

With everyone's answers I guess it all comes down to what you were used to with your previous car, and the quality of roads around you. Most of my driving is on the less than perfect surfaced local B roads and towns.

I'll definitely experiment with tyre pressure some more, interested to see how the car behaves at 45 by comparison. Probably can't go much below 38.

Coming from a BMW 4 series with adaptive suspension then my P+ seems fine. It also rides better than my i3 which suffers from fore/aft pitching.
On the range questions...I got a total range of 250 total after a 205 mile run (190 on motorway with autopilot speed limit set to 70) with some rain and climate set to 20C with external temperature around 18C.
So my P+ has about a 225 mile motorway range with a 10% safety buffer at 298 Wh/mile, so about the same consumption as my i3. It's going to be worse on a freezing winter day though. On 60 country roads with regen it's going to be better, as my i3 gets over 4 miles per kWh then, so actual range is going to vary significantly from the Tesla 310 guesstimator, which is less accurate than my i3 guesstimator. The in car usage graph is more realistic though.

• Helpful
Reactions: Keeper
Just picked up M3P today from Birmingham.
Everything I hoped it would be and more.
Face aching from grin and neck aching from whiplash.

Question please. Got AP to work fine after calibration. Is auto lane change (click indicator stalk and changes lane itself) only in the FSD package? Tried it several times this afternoon and only ended up annoying other motorists by staying in the same lane but indicating for a long time. There was no other traffic alongside me.

Reactions: Roy W.
Just picked up M3P today from Birmingham.
Everything I hoped it would be and more.
Face aching from grin and neck aching from whiplash.

Question please. Got AP to work fine after calibration. Is auto lane change (click indicator stalk and changes lane itself) only in the FSD package? Tried it several times this afternoon and only ended up annoying other motorists by staying in the same lane but indicating for a long time. There was no other traffic alongside me.
Yes, auto lane change is only with the FSD package. £5800 please Sir!

Reactions: Jonslatt