Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick connection phone dock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Browsing the so called I've just noticed that the quick connection phone dock is listed under the premium upgrades pack, had this always been the case? I thought it was a separate accessory to purchase.

Browsing the so called I've just noticed that the quick connection phone dock is listed under the premium upgrades pack, had this always been the case? I thought it was a separate accessory to purchase.

I'm not sure about it "Always" being the case but it was that way when I bought my car this past September. I've been very disappointed in it though. It's difficult to stab the phone onto and I have snapped the charging tip off twice with enthusiastic acceleration.

I have it installed but the guide rails weren't installed. I tried fitting them, but, the connector was too far back so if is slide the phone in, the connector is in front of the phone. Looking at some youtube vids, there is a "slotted" mount holes for the mounting screws, so I may be able to adjust it. Just found this out, and it's dark and cold out, so it will wait until I have time in the daylight to try to fix it...

I have it fitted but like you, my phone slides down behind the lightning dock connector. Doesn't look like there's any adjustment to push either the phone further forward or the dock connector backward?

Yes there definitely is a way of adjusting it. You have to remove the rubber floor in front of the dock to reveal the screws holding the connector in. Once you have done that, adjust the dock connector so you phone fits flush up against the back of the flip up door and re tighten screws. Replace the rubber floor then fit the appropriate guide rails ensuring that the snap down in place.

Once I had adjusted mine, the phone slips easily in and the connector attaches every time. I hate to think of the acceleration that would be needed to snap the connector and guide rails off once this is done.

Use this video as a guide.

I have it installed but the guide rails weren't installed. I tried fitting them, but, the connector was too far back so if is slide the phone in, the connector is in front of the phone. Looking at some youtube vids, there is a "slotted" mount holes for the mounting screws, so I may be able to adjust it. Just found this out, and it's dark and cold out, so it will wait until I have time in the daylight to try to fix it...
Same here. Im going to
Have to do the same now.