Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Q regarding airport parking. 3 days fine?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

If I leave in the AM tomorrow and get back Sunday PM, do you think my 90D be ok to get me home (say max 15mile drive each way in 40s temp)? Seems to me it would be fine, but I've never tried.

Thanks.
As some of the posts point out, your settings are very important. I once parked my Model X outside on a cold night in Northern New Hampshire and found that the range dropped from 136 miles to 116 miles. Since making appropriate adjustments to the settings, there has been no significant range loss.

Reactions: disagree
Hi!

If I leave in the AM tomorrow and get back Sunday PM, do you think my 90D be ok to get me home (say max 15mile drive each way in 40s temp)? Seems to me it would be fine, but I've never tried.

Thanks.
Door dings more risk than battery. 3 days no issue. A week no issue. After a few days, the car goes into deep sleep and the vampire loss per day reduces. Agree you should turn off "always connected". You may want to check with service center, but I believe maximum recommended is 30 days, though the anti-bricking protection in the BMS should protect far longer. In the the threads regarding salvage cars, it seems batteries neglected for long periods have survived.

Interestingly, my egolf (with no active battery management system) can be left unplugged 3 months with no loss.

Reactions: disagree
lol?

OK, let's pretend that 40 degrees is extremely cold. Fri, Sat, Sun would lose a total of 60 miles of range by your estimate. A 90D would arrive at the airport with 185 miles of range, conservatively, after a 15 mile drive to the airport. Three days later, it would have 125 miles of range remaining.

Do you think OP could make it home (a 15 mile drive) Sunday with those 125 miles remaining range?

an unplugged car sitting in extremely cold temps could lose more than 20 miles of range a day.