Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Racing stripes on model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m tending to agree with everyone’s feedback but how about something more subtle like a hash mark on the fender?

Newly Done Hash Marks with Plasti Dip

all I had to do was decide on a design (even stripes or uneven, full fender length or stopping mid-fender, etc.), mask out the shape I decided on for my stripes, and then spray my plasti dip

my stripes were parallel to one of the lines on the end of the headlight, and the end of the stripes were masked off by extending a line from inside the headlights as reference with tape

also dipped in black are the side markers and front emblem if anyone noticed

unfortunately I took these pictures before I put on a set of $9 center cap covers that finally arrived

Did you do it? I want one or two wide orange stripes on the hood and trunk. I am still looking for the "rules" so I can explain the rationale. I guess they are originally for racing in Europe where right and left hand drive cars were mixed to pull people out of a flaming vehicle faster.

• Disagree
Reactions: Common_Loon
IMG_8702.jpeg

Reactions: chipmaker
This thread makes me want to load up Forza Motorsports again, just to paint cars. I used to spend more time making designs than actually racing.

I made a Spinal Tap design using nothing but circles and squares and stuff and I'm not ashamed to admit that it looked freakin awesome.