Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Racing stripes on model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4858F7BE-45E0-48D9-839D-675DC939A8CA.jpeg
A couple months ago, I saw a black 3 here in the north hills of Pittsburgh with those red longitudinal stripes, and it was pretty hideous. It's a Tesla, and Teslas should be above any such mods.

This car in Pittsburgh your speaking of is being rented by a production company for a TV show called One Dollar. From my understanding they will be removed when production is over.

For some reasons, my brain is hardwired with drag stripes = Mustang, Corvette and muscle cars.

It will take considerable rewiring my thought to imagine Tesla with stripes. I see 30+ Teslas everyday in my commute and never crossed the striped Teslas.

Reactions: Stirfelt
View attachment 342614

This car in Pittsburgh your speaking of is being rented by a production company for a TV show called One Dollar. From my understanding they will be removed when production is over.

He was right that it looks hideous. I forgot to think about how bad the glass roof would make it look. I think that pic pretty much settled this thread and confirms a racing stripe is a bad idea on this car.

What do you think of putting racing stripes on a model 3? I’ve seen them on model s and model x and don’t look that bad. Any ideas?
He was right that it looks hideous. I forgot to think about how bad the glass roof would make it look. I think that pic pretty much settled this thread and confirms a racing stripe is a bad idea on this car.

So I’m tending to agree with everyone’s feedback but how about something more subtle like a hash mark on the fender?

Attachments

• 77E00F58-2CA2-436F-AA5F-D2EF4661590B.jpeg
    77E00F58-2CA2-436F-AA5F-D2EF4661590B.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Disagree
Reactions: Common_Loon
My take is that Model 3s are rather Porsche like in their shape. If it works on a Porsche it'll probably work on a Model 3. It has to be the right stripes though. Just do a google search for 'Porsche Panamera Racing Stripe' for ideas.

At the end of the day it's your vehicle to play with, and stripes are a pretty cheap option to try that you can always take off again.

You can have as much fun as you want:

TF5vowvl.jpg

I suggest putting a side/front/rear picture of your Model 3 in Photoshop and just playing around to see what you think looks good.

• Disagree
Reactions: Common_Loon