Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Racing stripes on model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will "racing stripes" make it faster?:cool:
You do know the reason for Racing Stripes is that until the 1960s, in international automobile racing, the color of the car and the stripe IDed the country the car was from
USA was White with Blue stripe, with Blue with a White stripe was an alternate
Green - British (Hence British Racing Green)
Red - Italy (was originally Germany if I remember right)
White/Red Japan
Silver - Germany (why the MB race cars are still silver)
EDIT:
Racing stripe - Wikipedia

Reactions: SpigoT
I think a fun way to do stripes on an electric vehicle would be to do them as lightening bolts. Some very quirk and dirty mockups for inspiration.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 8.03.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 8.04.55 AM.png

• Funny
Reactions: Jeff Davlt
Actually, I really like the look of this one shown below from Tsportline.
Seriously thinking about doing this for my vehicle. However, my paint color is Pearl White.
What do you guys/gals think? If I do the exact same shape/size as shown below, what colors would you use on Pearl White?

I'm thinking either one of the following patterns:
1. blue as the center (just like what shown below), but with red on the sides, or
2. red as the center color and blue on the two sides.

Thoughts?

red-multi-coat-tesla-model-3-speciale-racing-stripe-wm-1-jpg.515409

Actually, I really like the look of this one shown below from Tsportline.
Seriously thinking about doing this for my vehicle. However, my paint color is Pearl White.
What do you guys/gals think? If I do the exact same shape/size as shown below, what colors would you use on Pearl White?

I'm thinking either one of the following patterns:
1. blue as the center (just like what shown below), but with red on the sides, or
2. red as the center color and blue on the two sides.

Thoughts?

red-multi-coat-tesla-model-3-speciale-racing-stripe-wm-1-jpg.515409

I like the Tsportline stripes, even if it does feel a like Faurrari to me. Maybe @ppower would be interested. :)

• Funny
Reactions: ppower
You do know the reason for Racing Stripes is that until the 1960s, in international automobile racing, the color of the car and the stripe IDed the country the car was from
USA was White with Blue stripe, with Blue with a White stripe was an alternate
Green - British (Hence British Racing Green)
Red - Italy (was originally Germany if I remember right)
White/Red Japan
Silver - Germany (why the MB race cars are still silver)
EDIT:
Racing stripe - Wikipedia
I know this is an old post, but I found it informative. I found the following wiki article which talks specifically about this. Here is a link to the article for anyone interested, and also a snapshot of what @KG2V is specifically saying here:

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 10.46.38 AM.png