Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio volume when opening door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, if the radio isn't super loud when you open the door it won't feel the need to reduce the volume. What are the cases in which you need the radio to be extra loud with the door open?
So I guess the answer is no. I don’t normally have the radio super loud. Sometimes I listen to podcasts which are at normal volume, if I stop to pick up someone, when they open the door, the podcast becomes virtually inaudible, so I miss what they’re saying until the door is closed and I have to rewind it or pause it. Sometimes I am playing a nice song and if the door is opened, it kills my enjoyment.

Upvote 0
Yes, if the radio isn't super loud when you open the door it won't feel the need to reduce the volume. What are the cases in which you need the radio to be extra loud with the door open?
It lowers it from almost any volume. Use case for me is white noise playing for a sleeping infant, and then you park w white noise on loop till baby wakes from nap, but you want to swap seats with someone else to be in car w baby or one person wants to leave the car without necessarily dropping the white noise volume suddenly which will invariably wake the baby. Door closing probably doesn’t help either but if white noise stayed loud enough it would dampen the other sounds

Upvote 0