Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain not beading on windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use Beadmaker after washing my car and apply it everywhere. When it’s raining for days, I reapply it to the windshield and I barely need to use the wipers.

https://www.amazon.ca/Detailing-Pro...ld=1&keywords=beadmaker&qid=1602644566&sr=8-1

It also helps that I’ve ceramic coated my car and also used a sealant for the glass as well. I’ve used many Kamikaze coatings in the past and I use this as a glass sealant.

Kamikaze Intenso Window Coat

Keep in mind that coatings and sealants need to be reapplied over time depending on the weather and elements.

Last edited:
I use Beadmaker after washing my car and apply it everywhere. When it’s raining for days, I reapply it to the windshield and I barely need to use the wipers.

https://www.amazon.ca/Detailing-Pro...ld=1&keywords=beadmaker&qid=1602644566&sr=8-1

It also helps that I’ve ceramic coated my car and also used a sealant for the glass as well. I’ve used many Kamikaze coatings in the past and I use this as a glass sealant.

Kamikaze Intenso Window Coat

Keep in mind that coatings and sealants need to be reapplied over time depending on the weather and elements.
$139 for window treatment?? That *might* be worth it if Jennifer Lopez came and applied it for me. Naked.

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki and Apone
$139 for window treatment?? That *might* be worth it if Jennifer Lopez came and applied it for me. Naked.

This is with Kamikaze after a wash and before applying Beadmaker as my drying aid and the water just beads and slides off.

The 2nd pic is Kamikaze Miyabi and Zipang sandwich Coats, and Intenso window Coat. Deep gloss and lots of beading.

If you find out how much Zipang and Miyabi Coats cost, you’d want all the Pussycat Dolls and Destiny’s Child to apply it for you. Clothing optional.

Attachments

• 93DE91CE-103C-4FF6-A1F8-6A67EEEA297D.png
    93DE91CE-103C-4FF6-A1F8-6A67EEEA297D.png
    5.6 MB · Views: 219
  • 16D128F0-5374-42C1-9FF1-4084E7045E82.jpeg
    16D128F0-5374-42C1-9FF1-4084E7045E82.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 119
I haven't done this on my TM3, but on some older cars I had in the past, I used the old-school method of cleaning off the rubber residue that gets stuck on the windshield by gently scrubbing it off with bon-ami cleaner. Then get some fresh wiper blades.

You need to get the OLD formula of bon-ami cleaner, the "1886 formula". The new stuff isn't considered safe for glass..
Bon Ami 1886 Formula Cleaning Powder

• Informative
Reactions: bbk3e
Just use rainx, it will solve your problem. Tesla doesn't use any different glass than anyone else, there's no coating. You can get better wipers if yours are worn out but this isn't any different than any other car.

I don't get why people think Teslas are special or anything. It's just a car with normal car parts. The windshield is not bullet proof, the AGM battery is a normal AGM battery, etc, etc.

I don't get why people think Teslas are special or anything. It's just a car with normal car parts. The windshield is not bullet proof, the AGM battery is a normal AGM battery, etc, etc.
Yeah. It's super bizarre tbh. Lol

Its comical if your a "car" person. Its not just Tesla though, we have owned two other brands of EV's and the groups are similar at times. "Can any shop align my car?" Yes, it has a McPhearson strut setup like millions of other cars on the road, it may be powered by electricity but the suspension is very common.

Reactions: Xian and I<3URANUS
Its comical if your a "car" person. Its not just Tesla though, we have owned two other brands of EV's and the groups are similar at times. "Can any shop align my car?" Yes, it has a McPhearson strut setup like millions of other cars on the road, it may be powered by electricity but the suspension is very common.
Yeah. I get it can be overwhelming from a powertrain standpoint but like, literally everything else is pretty much the same.

I’d say go straight to using RainX and skip the polish initially. I’ve never polished a windshield and have been using RainX for years and it works great.

Apply about once a month. Apply in the shade, let it dry for a few minutes, then clean it off with a nice non-linting microfiber and a little sprinkle of water.

.... because i think it's good that music is taught in school. Since you're bent out of shape about the "disagree" button.. i removed it so you can go along your way.
But if science were given amount of push music is, people might comprehend the world around them. It is alarming the number of folks around here who are successful enough to buy a $40k+ car but then can't grasp RainX for example.

Music itself is not a legitimate life skill, a better understanding of science can help them every day. I am not saying music shouldn't be taught but it seems to have taken priority over actual useful skills.

No, I’ve not owned a car before. That’s why I’m asking dumb questions on a car forum, which to be honest I expected to be less full of dipshits. For what it’s worth, I’m an engineer with a masters degree - and I can play a musical instrument.

Thanks for the serious responses from a few of you. Rainx has helped.

• Funny
Reactions: VT_EE
Trouble is everyone was giving you good advise and you just wouldn't accept the answers.

I am an engineer too but I earned the title, not paid a bribe for a piece of paper from some corrupt institution...........

The interactions of water beading, vs sheeting away, or evenly wetting a surface are easily observed in day to day life, heck you can see them in the kitchen just making and cleaning up breakfast.

• Funny
Reactions: Gasaraki