Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rainbow colored charge port…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model X 75D. Very recently, just in the past couple days, the charge port lights up very unusually in a rainbow pattern, like it’s confused about the state it is supposed to be in. The car charges fine. Anyone seen this before? I am out of warranty, did not get the extended.

F2976731-1FBD-487C-8B40-A6E3BB831301.jpeg

the charge port lights up very unusually in a rainbow pattern, like it’s confused about the state it is supposed to be in. The car charges fine. Anyone seen this before?
Yes, plenty of people. Behold, the power of The Google:

There is a ring of various color LEDs behind that plastic, and sometimes a few of them will burn out, causing some sections of it to show strange looking colors. It doesn't affect functionality at all; it's just a display thing, so you can safely ignore it if you want. Tesla can fix it if you want, but you're out of warranty, so you'll pay for the fix. Some people get the part and do it themselves. Read through those threads if you want to check how easy or hard that is.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
I have a 2017 Model X 75D. Very recently, just in the past couple days, the charge port lights up very unusually in a rainbow pattern, like it’s confused about the state it is supposed to be in. The car charges fine. Anyone seen this before? I am out of warranty, did not get the extended.

View attachment 901528
Don't worry. Your car is just coming out?

In all seriousness.... Wasn't there a holiday mode that did that or was that just the rainbow road in the car?

• Funny
Reactions: Hank42 and Fiver
Thanks everyone for your help and comments. Looks like a whole replacement part for the charge port is around $150 used on eBay. I’m guessing it’s due to some of the recent rains as some other people have mentioned in threads, and my car is parked outside mostly.

I’ll probably just keep it as is for now.

Reactions: byeLT4 and cdub

View attachment 901528
Tesla is coming to my house Wednesday for this same issue on my July 2019P100D MX