Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raised joint on steering wheel - model y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Is the join on the bottom of the MY steering wheel raised for anyone else. It's noticeably raised (as in the wheel isnt smooth all the way round) on mine so when you feed the wheel it rubs on my hand. Curious if this is just how they all are, and I have to accept it or an issue with mine and I'll raise a service request.

Thank you

Stephen

Reactions: rowedav
Hi All

Is the join on the bottom of the MY steering wheel raised for anyone else. It's noticeably raised (as in the wheel isnt smooth all the way round) on mine so when you feed the wheel it rubs on my hand. Curious if this is just how they all are, and I have to accept it or an issue with mine and I'll raise a service request.

Thank you

Stephen
On mine, the "joint" where the two bits of fake leather meet are almost imperceptibly joined. Virtually perfectly aligned. If yours is rubbing your hand, sounds like poor QC and I would raise a service request.

Upvote 0
Tried to picture, but it's hard to see, but yes the back in particular is very raised. Obviously being at the bottom it's fine 90% of the time, but much as I try to ignore it when turning its irritating me.

Attachments

• 20230111_123930.jpg
    20230111_123930.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230111_123912.jpg
    20230111_123912.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0