Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rally Armor mud flaps - clips are falling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been on quite the mud flap journey on my Y since I lowered it. I've tried all the molded plastic guards from Basenor and others. Last weekend, I finally switched to RallyArmor. The reason is that to my knowledge, they are the only flexible flaps. This completely solved my problem of scraping on speed bumps and breaking them off.

During installation, I noticed they give you specific measurements of where to place the clips. Me, being me said whatever, I'll just clip them where I like. What I noticed is that if you don't place them where they tell you, they will not slide all the way on because they will hit parts of the inner fender. This made me have to remove and try to re-adjust a few clips. To the original poster, could this have been the cause of yours coming off? After trying to remove a clip to reposition it, I feel like RA is being honest that there is really no way for them to fall off accidentally. They were VERY hard to remove. You can see the sharp triangles that dig into the rubber and behind the fender.

View attachment 917920

View attachment 917921
OK. So when mine get here from RA next week...assuming I can get my car washed up, I'll be following their measurement suggestions!

OK. So when mine get here from RA next week...assuming I can get my car washed up, I'll be following their measurement suggestions!
Yes, I find this installation video helpful, also. I have the RA on both my M3P and MYP.

Attachments

• IMG-9416.jpg
    IMG-9416.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 359
I've been on quite the mud flap journey on my Y since I lowered it. I've tried all the molded plastic guards from Basenor and others. Last weekend, I finally switched to RallyArmor. The reason is that to my knowledge, they are the only flexible flaps. This completely solved my problem of scraping on speed bumps and breaking them off.

During installation, I noticed they give you specific measurements of where to place the clips. Me, being me said whatever, I'll just clip them where I like. What I noticed is that if you don't place them where they tell you, they will not slide all the way on because they will hit parts of the inner fender. This made me have to remove and try to re-adjust a few clips. To the original poster, could this have been the cause of yours coming off? After trying to remove a clip to reposition it, I feel like RA is being honest that there is really no way for them to fall off accidentally. They were VERY hard to remove. You can see the sharp triangles that dig into the rubber and behind the fender.

View attachment 917920

View attachment 917921

I have the front-only Tesla mud flaps and they work well in keeping the rocker/lower-doors protected from dirt and rocks. The rear of the Model Y is shorter, angles away, and is matte black plastic. I don't see a need for mud flaps there to protect anything.

I looked at aftermarket mudflaps and none of them looked like they were well-designed. Looking at the Rally Armor mudflaps, they are a good design but shaking my head at the price and your choice of logo color to help advertise the brand.

I have the front-only Tesla mud flaps and they work well in keeping the rocker/lower-doors protected from dirt and rocks. The rear of the Model Y is shorter, angles away, and is matte black plastic. I don't see a need for mud flaps there to protect anything.

I looked at aftermarket mudflaps and none of them looked like they were well-designed. Looking at the Rally Armor mudflaps, they are a good design but shaking my head at the price and your choice of logo color to help advertise the brand.
It's like wearing a watch; no one cares that you're wearing a Rolex or a Timex; both keep accurate time. Only you, as the owner, appreciate the quality and enjoy what you have.

I just got these for a 2023 MYLR and the measurements provided are not correct. The rears and fronts both required the top clip to be higher (possibly the bottom edge of the clip at the measurement unlike in the pictures where they have the center of the clip at the required measurement). The fronts required the bottom clip to be lower. The rears required the bottom clips to be much higher, only about 0.75” below the middle clip. I had to pry the clips off after realizing they weren’t sliding all the way in. Then, I needed a flat tool to probe behind the molding edge to see where there would be no obstructions.

• Informative
Reactions: Ruffles and jcanoe
Awesome thanks. Any pics that show the mounting in the well? Did all go together like in their video? They seem to stick out less far than the Rally Armor. Either that or the top angle is less squared off.

Any close ups of the material? Is it textured? Flexible like urethane or something in between that and stiffer ABS-type stuff?

Thanks!

Mine is stiffer abs type but will take care of rocks for sure. Didn’t have time to take pic but watch the installation Video to give you an idea.

Is your car lowered? Looks like it. No issues with clearance or scraping? I just lowered on H&R and debating whether to use Rally Armor since they are one of the only truly flexible ones.

Is your car lowered? Looks like it. No issues with clearance or scraping? I just lowered on H&R and debating whether to use Rally Armor since they are one of the only truly flexible ones.
Yes, my car is lowered by 1" on MPP coilovers. I specifically bought the RA mudflaps because they are really flexible. I scrape them on speed bumps which used to crack the molded plastic mudflaps. The RA flaps easily flex with no problems.

Reactions: bluestonex