Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow, that is awesome. thanks!

@GreenHokie Did the Y install as in the video they have? Any fitment issues?
You’re welcome! Yes, the Rokblokz install videos for both the Y and 3 accurately show how to install. However, there is one step that is very difficult and certainly not nearly as easy as how it’s made out in those videos.

This particular step is when you insert the Retainer Clips into the mating holes in the splash guards. In their install videos, they make it appear that the clips pop right into place with a simple/moderate push of your finger. However, in reality, those retainer clips are darn near impossible to push into/through the mating holes. I am fairly experienced with auto body trim work, and had one heck of a time pushing those retainer clips into place. I ended up using a small rigid board between my finger and the top side of the retainer clip, to provide the extra leverage & pressure needed to finally force them through the tiny holes in the splash guards. I had to push down with so much force that I thought for sure the retainer clips were going to break. Perhaps the splash guards I got were slightly out-of-spec in terms of the slot/hole size for those clips. If not, then I think Rokblokz should seriously consider redesigning how these clips snap into place.

Other than the retainer clips, everything else is extremely easy/simple. Zero fitment issues on either the Y or 3. Once everything is tightened down, there is zero wiggling of the splash guards. They feel very secure, and I am confident they will never loosen or break off.

Reactions: blulegend