Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Rallycross Model 3 Project.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it would be great to introduce my Tesla as my first post on TMC.

Here's my third Tesla, an AWD Model 3 (non-performance) with a custom-built rally suspension from Flatout Suspension (they also built a rally suspension for Tanner Foust's ID4). I've added a few more parts from Unplugged Performance here and there.

Here are some photos from the Rallycross event in February.
For sure this Tesla is heavy as hell but still freaky fun!

DSC05107.jpg

DSC05101.jpg

DSC05083.jpg

DSC05098.jpg

Sure, it is a GR40 Suspension they have usually for Subarus, but I asked them to modify it to fit a Model 3.

They ensured that it has much more travel compare to stock suspension, with much longevity to the damper.
So, dampers and coils, plus a few UP parts? Do you have a list?

“Custom suspension” can mean a lot of things and going forward for the community it would be helpful to know specifically what you needed to change, and why, to get the performance you wanted. I am certainly a beneficiary of the path-finding and detailed reporting of others, so I encourage you to share more details for the benefit of the community and, specifically, those who might follow you to continue pushing these vehicles into the motorsports spaces.

Sure, it is a GR40 Suspension they have usually for Subarus, but I asked them to modify it to fit a Model 3.

They ensured that it has much more travel compare to stock suspension, with much longevity to the damper.
Any pics of the actual suspension? The Flatout GR40 is usually heavy duty with an inverted shock, but I'm not sure how much of an advantage (if any) an inverted design has for non-McPherson stut suspension.

Is the rear still a separate spring and shock like OEM or did they send a true coilover?

Any additional noise or clunks on the street?

Reactions: DocHolliday