Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At 6 AM May 30 I saw the orange car carrier exiting Eastbound Interstate 80 in Saddle Brook NJ. I looked at the wheels and thought Tesla now seeing the picture with the way they are wrapped confirms what I saw. He made a left turn onto Saddle River Road most likely making a U-Turn as a lot of truckers do there. All the cars on top had 19" wheels on them. One was 21" The one over the cab was white. I watched him make the turn in my mirror. I think another one was Red. To early and had to watch traffic.

Two days in a row this week I spied a white MS heading east as I headed west on Park Blvd near Starkey.

This afternoon around 5:45pm I saw a gray MS on West shore, waiting at the Gandy light as I was heading north. I love the gray!

Here's a significant sighting in Belmont today, a white Right Hand Drive P85! Sorry for the poor pic, but if you look closely you can see his hand atop the steering wheel. Waved at him but didn't get to chat. Don't remember what plates it had (if any).

Also saw my first i3 in the wild right after taking this pic.

9ebary4a.jpg

At the Houston Galleria today - it was busy! The build date on the display car shown was 4/2014. I sat in the drivers's seat to see if I could tell the difference between the new seats and the old, and I could not. Maybe after a few hours it would become apparent.
tesla galleria.JPG

Last edited:
1 of 6 i saw in less than 30 minutes
At that rate, I'm kind of surprised anyone in CA cares enough about sightings to take drive-by pictures. Then again, it's Tesla, it doesn't get old very fast. Once I started seeing about 2 Volts a day, I stopped tracking them, though I still spot them and think "hello Volt" in my head. Now I see roughly 15 a day. For Tesla, still only 5 after 2 years. In fact, I just realized, tomorrow is the 1 year anniversarry of my first Model S sighting in the wild.