Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They would seriously push a battery-less Model S to park next to a charging station just for a photo-op for somebody on twitter (and not bother putting it on their own feed)? :confused: Skeptical...

Photoshop? It's a bit large, the shadow on the wheel seems missing, shadows in general are a bit weird, the reflection of the white post on the rear window seems odd... ;)

Last edited:
Photoshop? It's a bit large, the shadow on the wheel seems missing, shadows in general are a bit weird, the reflection of the white post on the rear window seems odd... ;)

Have you been to Holland? They don't have a lot of sunny days so no shadows :)
Just kidding of course. I saw other reports of the car being out there so I assume this sighting was real.

It was very real, here is a photo I took, I have my office just in front.
They never had the car driving, because I think it is not yet road legal in Europe. I saw the car going up in the truck on its own, so it did have its battery.
They had to put it on the Electric car reserved parking place because it was in the way of the delivery trucks ;-)
By the way this is just in front of Athlon Car Leasing HQ in The Netherlands.

IMAG0102.jpg

Thanks! Those wheel gaps in your photo look more 'normal'. Perhaps when it was parked at the charging spot they had the air suspension set to some higher setting...

Possibly. The car was driving about 10 miles south of the Nummi plant in Fremont, heading for the 101N towards San Francisco? It looked like a silver color, although I'm not 100% sure. It was raining and getting dark.

Yeah, pretty sure that's Silver. The only other color it could be is white, and that doesn't look white. Panel lines on the silver look much less noticeable than on the white, but for some reason they still bug me :( If I can't get over that, then it's back to black or red *sigh* First world problems.

Vin #56...?

Very cool to see VIN #56 on the road when 43 and 44 rolled off of the line less than a month ago. This seems consistent with final build validation ramp. For instance, and this is just a guess, I wouldn't expect TM to make any more than 80 to fulfill their pre-production needs. This assumes they burned about 30 for non-rolling builds and 20 more to crash, they should need about 30 fully functioning cars to complete engineering needs for various systems that require the car to be fully driveable.

So to make an even bigger leap this would suggest that TM is most likely 1 month away from cutting the first founder car or should be very confident at the next earnings call to set a firm date on first deliveries.

Very cool to see VIN #56 on the road when 43 and 44 rolled off of the line less than a month ago. This seems consistent with final build validation ramp. For instance, and this is just a guess, I wouldn't expect TM to make any more than 80 to fulfill their pre-production needs. This assumes they burned about 30 for non-rolling builds and 20 more to crash, they should need about 30 fully functioning cars to complete engineering needs for various systems that require the car to be fully driveable.

So to make an even bigger leap this would suggest that TM is most likely 1 month away from cutting the first founder car or should be very confident at the next earnings call to set a firm date on first deliveries.

Sorry to burst the bubble, guys, this is the same VIN #56 that made a brief cameo appearance on the Saturday at the 3-day Santana Row event last month that had 4 betas on display. One of the Tesla engineers drove it up, parked it across from the beta display and took off after. It's an engineering-testing beta and apparently, the VIN sequence is a different parallel one to the 43/44 that were on show. So, this was produced around the same time as the display 43 and 44. There were posts about this car back on the Santana Row event thread(s).

Vin # 48 - Red Signature Model S with Piano Black interior and black leather. Ready to be moved into the Bellevue Square Tesla store. (Seattle WA area) on the evening of April 10th. There was a delay, so the car should be on display starting Thursday the 12th.

Red Sig #48.jpg

Vin 48 near shot.JPG
Vin 48 Far shot.jpg

Last edited: