Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, thanks Disco.

I'm guessing the wire running to the hood is for a frunk light?

Edit: Or it might be a cable to the frunk latch (manual release)...think bicycle brake cable. Or it might be for sensors to indicate if the frunk is unlatched.

Or, even more likely, a combination of the 3.

I'm guessing the wire running to the hood is for a frunk light?

Edit: Or it might be a cable to the frunk latch (manual release)...think bicycle brake cable. Or it might be for sensors to indicate if the frunk is unlatched.

Or, even more likely, a combination of the 3.

Could it be a rubber tube to provide washer fluid to the windshield cleaner nozzles?

Could it be a rubber tube to provide washer fluid to the windshield cleaner nozzles?

I don't think so. None of the pics or videos that I've seen show the nozzels on the hood, so I'm guessing they will be intergrated with the wiper arm. The tube is more likely hood latch mechanism and frunk light as Todd suggests.

Of course, these are Betas. I sure would hate for production models to suddenly get two pimples on the hood.

Unless.... the nozzels are on the hood, just tucked underneath the rear lip to spray up towards the windshield. The tube sure looks more like a fluid tube than a sheathing for cable/wire.

:confused:

Last edited:
Unless.... the nozzels are on the hood, just tucked underneath the rear lip to spray up towards the windshield. The tube sure looks more like a fluid tube than a sheathing for cable/wire.
Look on the inside trailing edge of the hood, shown on Tommy's picture above, directly below the attachment point for that gray cover under the hood. Black doohickey with a black cord trailing back from it. Could that be a windshield washer nozzle?

Look on the inside trailing edge of the hood, shown on Tommy's picture above, directly below the attachment point for that gray cover under the hood. Black doohickey with a black cord trailing back from it. Could that be a windshield washer nozzle?

Could be. Here is a picture of the one on my car. It looks pretty much like the Tesla setup. My washer nozzles are a bit bigger though.

20120413506.jpg

I'd put money on that hose being washer fluid.

EDIT: The picture the hose is easy to see. Very similar routing to the Tesla. My nozzle is the black blob on the bottom edge of the hood close to the right edge of the picture. You can see a cupped out shape on the bottom edge of my windshield trim where the nozzle resides. The fluid hose apparently is routed between the two pieces of sheet metal. And is routed out of sight to the drivers side nozzle also.

Last edited:
A couple of shots of the performance wheels and the standard wheels at the Bellevue Square store. Aero wheels may be there on display in a couple of weeks. Note that the performance wheels is not as dark in color as it appears in the attached photos. I'd say it is closer to a darker grey than the light black that is looks like in the pictures here.

Wheels 2.JPG
21 inch carbon grey performance wheel.JPG
performance wheel standard color.JPG

Last edited:
Spotted one today, in Cupertino over by hwy 85. Horrible picture quality, I know. Phone camera with digital zoom - not a good combo. Was debating whether it was even worth posting, but here it is anyway. Center of the pic, probably #56 again.

IMG_6815.jpg

EDIT: OK, no idea why the picture shows upside-down. Uploaded it twice... :confused:

EDIT 2: OK, fixed it locally and now at least it shows up-right. Not sure what the thumbnail is doing. Wow, lot of work for a crappy pic...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know it that was your phone, but on the iPhone, up is with the volume controls at the bottom when using the rear facing camera and with them at the top when using the front facing camera (same side as screen). If you're going to send them straight from the phone, you have to pay attention to that.

After I transfer the pics to my PC, I use a lossless rotate utility to quickly set things to right.