Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh the website, I like the Pearl White better, but I really need to see it in person. The white in that picture looks great, but I can't tell if it's basic white or pearl. Plus, I want to see the blue and green.

From Twitter. Model S display at Detroit auto show
It might just be my imagination or an optical effect, but comparing the picture from Detroit with all the pictures from Model S Gallery | Tesla Motors ...
Detroit - It looks like only about 1/3rd of the side mirror width is beyond the front wheel/fender.
Gallery - About 3/4 of the side mirror extends beyond the front wheel/fender.

Perhaps this (in part) accounts for the decrease in width in the specifications.

At the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas

Aiz1oU6CMAAeneG.jpg:small

Linky to full size crappy picture

At the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas

Aiz1oU6CMAAeneG.jpg:small

Linky to full size crappy picture

I love the comments on Facebook there like "Another gov. pet project". Who follows things like this only to trash it? It's not like I follow the Fisker facebook feed or forums or the Volt just to make negative comments.

Anyway, good to see it getting more exposure. Must be a few thousand people a day walk through there.

Posted to the Tesla Facebook page today:

430083_10150660033962801_18790602800_9325264_1318644583_n.jpg

That silver strip under the doors on the Model S (assuming the battery pack) still bugs me. I think it's because the lighter color makes it look like it's not at the same height as the black molding in front and behind that section.

Also, is that another Model S in the background (right side) or a white X? Looks a little taller, and there's more wheel gap, but it could just be an S with the 19" wheels.

Yep, looks like an "S" with the 19 inch wheels.. I'd really like to see one of those live in a Tesla store, rather than just in pictures..

I also get bugged out about the strip under the door. Every other "line" on the car looks great, then this silver drop under the door kind of breaks the nice lines.