Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue VIN 6001 sighting at my office today next to my green:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362862872.070771.jpg

I saw a fully loaded car carrier carrying some gray, blue, white and black MSes on I-5S just south of Sacramento. Kind of weird to see it there as it's nowhere near the factory. My only guess is that maybe they dropped one off in Sacto, and found it more cost effective to run some cars south and east by going north first.

Apologies for not getting the VINs for anybody. My wife didn't approve of my plan to jump from our SUV to the carrier to get this vital info. Maybe next time I'll have a willing co-pilot to help with my Fast and Furious maneuver. :)

I'm still waiting for my power line install so was charging at Porter Square shopping center in Cambridge. When I returned to the car I found a blue Performance with gray wheels parked (but not charging, not sure if that's kosher) next to me. Baby and toddler seats inside. Later saw it go by the other direction towards Arlington on Mass Ave. My third sighting in the wild.
IMG_3565.jpg

I'm still waiting for my power line install so was charging at Porter Square shopping center in Cambridge.
a. Those are amazingly great parking spaces. That mall needs double the parking it has, so it's great to see a couple of spots for EVs anywhere.
b. The other owner clearly doesn't read these boards, or he'd have one of those nice EV plates the state hands out for no extra cost.

Wow...can't believe there are not several posts on how cool this picture is...because it is!

Thanks, but it's just a quick phone camera snap from my Roadster. I could have posted it in the Roadster thread "What did you park next to?"

Model S's are all over Northern CA. Last Thursday I parked next to one (both it and I take more than one spot to prevent dings), then passed two on the highway, and then saw one heading the other direction on the same highway.

Just for the record, btw, out of dozens of encounters I've had exactly one Model S driver wave back at me.

> And he wouldn't have drilled through the nose cone. [EdA]

Why? Something about the EV plate?
--

No, just a lot of debate about how/whether to mount front plates. In MA they are required by law, and to pass initial inspection. I had them zip-tie the plate holder in front of the grille and was going to take it off after inspection and try my luck with the cops, but decided I like having the EV statement on both ends. Tesla doesn't endorse that placement because it impedes some airflow, but since I'm not in Texas or Arizona I'm not too worried. Robert had his mounted in the standard spot like the P85 in the photo, drilling through the nose cone. He likes that the plate is the first thing to get scratched against a wall or bumper.