Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw my second Tesla MS on the road - it even got off the freeway at my exit! The color was interesting - looked like a very deep, dark red - not brown. Looked quite nice. I looked on the Tesla website and didn't see that color. Anyone know about it? Thanks.

While I have yet to see a Model S in the wild (I've heard of a couple of people on here that live near me, but no sightings yet), it may be time to retire this thread...Or, at the very least think about excluding California sightings. With all the Model S deliveries, it's becoming less and less of a rare thing to see one in the wild, at least in San Fran/Silicon Valley area and Los Angeles.

But then again, it's still fun to read about and see the photos :)

For those saying that all of the sightings seem to be in California, this article seems to back-up your theory...

Four in a day!

Yesterday I set a new personal record for Model S sightings: four!

1. Walking to work, I passed a Signature Red Model S that is regularly parked at a local business.
  2. Driving north on Central Expressway, I saw a white (pearl white?) Performance Model S with spoiler.
  3. On 101 North, I saw a blue (black?) Model S w/19" wheels exiting near Whipple.
  4. Back home in Belmont, I passed a grey (I think) Model S that was getting ready to turn onto Ralston.

- - - Updated - - -

Bonus round: Today at lunch, a blue Model S was parked at the Shoreline golf course.

Just saw my second Tesla MS on the road - it even got off the freeway at my exit! The color was interesting - looked like a very deep, dark red - not brown. Looked quite nice. I looked on the Tesla website and didn't see that color. Anyone know about it? Thanks.
You live in the San Francisco Bay area and this is only the 2nd sighting of a Model S? Where do you live? I think I've seen at least 3-4 every day for the last monh. There are at least 7 that park in the same 2 blocks as I do in Palo Alto.

Vancouver

Saw a gray S and later followed this one though downtown.

CIMG5969V.jpg

You live in the San Francisco Bay area and this is only the 2nd sighting of a Model S? Where do you live? I think I've seen at least 3-4 every day for the last monh. There are at least 7 that park in the same 2 blocks as I do in Palo Alto.

I live in San Jose and work in Sunnyvale, and only see a Model S every few days (today I saw 2 white ones), but haven't only seen maybe 1 or 2 the rest of the week.

I think if you are on the peninsula, then you'll see a lot. All the money is there. Us poor folk in the south bay don't get that many sightings. :)

Lucky for me, I'm first in my neighborhood and first at our field sales office. I have to start supporting the big G soon, so I'm sure my MS sightings will increase exponentially at that point.

Nearly every weekday I walk about 15 mins each way to work through San Francisco's Financial District. Since the Model S came out, I can probably still count on the fingers of one hand the number of MS's I've seen.

The thing is, SF's FiDi isn't exactly hurting for money. A lot of wealthy people work there--bankers, executives, engineers--and many of them are eco-concious. I see too many Benzes, Bimmers, and Porsches to count, along with the occasional Auston Martin or Mazerati. I even see Ferraris once in a while, and I've probably seen more of those MS's over the past year.

Meanwhile the Peninsula seems to be rife with Teslas.

What's up with San Francisco? :rolleyes: I thought I'd be seeing multiple MS's per day by now.

Had a little fun with another Model S on the road today on 295 North in NJ. I've seen him once before and upped a photo then, but I was driving a crappy loaner car waiting for my S (that thing didn't even have cruise control....such torture!!!). Now that I have my S, I pulled up next to him, honked my horn, and we both took off like a bat out of hell LOL. probably was a sight to see for everyone else on the road - two black Model S's gunning down the road. Model S's are a very rare sight around here. He's the only other S I've ever seen in the wild. Although my tint guy told me that after he posted pics of tinting my car, another Model S owner saw the pics on facebook and really liked it and contacted him to tint his car too. So slowly but surely they are cropping up on the East ;)

Yeah, I see at least four during my commute everyday, I stopped counting. And there are already 7 Model S parked at my company, compared to 11 Chevy Volts and 23 Leafs. Things are looking good for Tesla!

It's true. California is definitely EV central. Here's the EV section at one of the parking lots at my work. On this particular day I counted 7 Leafs, 4 Volts, 3 Plug-in Prius, 3 Model S and a roadster.

I think that picture is impressive even for Cali. Surprised some spaces were open - are the charging stations not free? Or is everyone really good about moving cars out and sharing?

Nearly every weekday I walk about 15 mins each way to work through San Francisco's Financial District. Since the Model S came out, I can probably still count on the fingers of one hand the number of MS's I've seen.

The thing is, SF's FiDi isn't exactly hurting for money. A lot of wealthy people work there--bankers, executives, engineers--and many of them are eco-concious. I see too many Benzes, Bimmers, and Porsches to count, along with the occasional Auston Martin or Mazerati. I even see Ferraris once in a while, and I've probably seen more of those MS's over the past year.

Meanwhile the Peninsula seems to be rife with Teslas.

What's up with San Francisco? :rolleyes: I thought I'd be seeing multiple MS's per day by now.

In SF, for me it depends a lot on the part of the city. In the last two weeks or so, I've seen more than ever before in SF, one in Marina, one twice in Mission, two at the Embarcadero Ferry Building, one close to the Golden Gate bridge along the coast, and one or two on Hwy 1.