Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Do note though that SF Bay Area, LA and SD residents are practically banned from posting to this thread ;)

Yes, I know, but maybe we should start a thread for random multiple-Model S sightings in a single photo to keep us Bay Area folks somewhat entertained. I thought that having 4 park within 100 feet was pretty good (although, at tech companies like Google you could probably get more).

Ever since I placed my order, my kids (8-year-old twins) have been eager to point out Teslas "in the wild" and they get excited whenever they see one. (Still somewhat uncommon here, at least relative to CA.) We drove from DC to Ocean City MD today, and they saw two Model S heading in the opposite direction on Route 50. The second one was grey, I didn't see the first. Makes me hopeful that our next trip to Ocean City can be all-electric. :)

A slightly different kind of Model S sighting in the Bay Area; a Model S limo in San Carlos:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376976509.121455.jpg

It's highlighted on their website too: Palo Alto Limo

Just got back home to Maryland from a trip to California; we lost count of how many Model S we saw around LA. We stopped for lunch at Nepenthe Restaurant in Big Sur and there was black car with perf. wheels in the lot when we got there. By the time we were done, the black car had left and there was a brand new multi-coat red P85+ on it's way home from the factory; chatted with the new owner briefly - she was beaming. Coincidently, I saw racing legend Bobby Rahal leaving the restaurant as we were being seated. I searched the forum to see if he was listed but got no results; consider the rumor that Mr. Rahal drives a Model S started ;-).

We saw surprisingly few Model S in the Bay Area, but it was car week at Pebble Beach so the place was slathered with Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, and every other exotic that you could think of. However, our limited sightings were rare birds - Sig Red #790 in the parking garage at Cannery Row and another Sig Red #277? parked near the America's Cup pavillion in San Francisco. Hi there if you're on the forum! The kids loved spotting Teslas in the wild, it even became a game to distract Dad later in the trip - "Look a Tesla! Haha made you look!" It was great to get a preview of what the DC area may look like some day, but it's especially nice to be back home to drive my car again.

Hey Dirk... that was most likely us... Especially if it was around 2:30! We stopped at Rays there to grab some snacks before we headed back home. Darn if we missed seeing you.
Yep, that sounds about right. 2:24pm to be precise (I may or may not have texted my wife while driving so there could be a time stamp that I could use to verify the time...).
The cool looking car that flashed its lights at you? That was me in my gray S60 :)

Just got back home to Maryland from a trip to California; we lost count of how many Model S we saw around LA. We stopped for lunch at Nepenthe Restaurant in Big Sur and there was black car with perf. wheels in the lot when we got there. By the time we were done, the black car had left and there was a brand new multi-coat red P85+ on it's way home from the factory; chatted with the new owner briefly - she was beaming. Coincidently, I saw racing legend Bobby Rahal leaving the restaurant as we were being seated. I searched the forum to see if he was listed but got no results; consider the rumor that Mr. Rahal drives a Model S started ;-).

We saw surprisingly few Model S in the Bay Area, but it was car week at Pebble Beach so the place was slathered with Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, and every other exotic that you could think of. However, our limited sightings were rare birds - Sig Red #790 in the parking garage at Cannery Row and another Sig Red #277? parked near the America's Cup pavillion in San Francisco. Hi there if you're on the forum! The kids loved spotting Teslas in the wild, it even became a game to distract Dad later in the trip - "Look a Tesla! Haha made you look!" It was great to get a preview of what the DC area may look like some day, but it's especially nice to be back home to drive my car again.

I'm sure he does have a Model S. He was pretty active on some of the Porsche forums I used to frequent...

No photos but two random sightings in two days here in Cambridge and slightly west. Yesterday around 7pm I was doing high 60s in the left lane of RT 2 eastbound by Belmont when a grey with MA EV plates roared up behind me (metaphorically, anyway). I moved over to let him pass and then followed him for a bit before he left the highway.

Today around 6:30pm I pulled out of my driveway just after a black with EV plates passed by heading toward the Harvard campus. I followed for a few blocks before turning off - was driving a white P85 loaner on my way to get my car back at Watertown SC.

Definitely becoming more prevalent around here. Driving to NYC next week with our girls - will suggest a contest for who spots the most Teslas along the way.

Saw my first model S driving on the Autobahn in Germany yesterday (between Frankfurt and Karlsruhe)!! Pretty cool, saw one at the store in Fremont before but 'out in the wild' it looks even better, pretty exciting! Picture coming when Im back home.
(is there a forum for EU sightings?)