Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw two more in Cambridge while driving to a meeting this morning, in five minutes!

Nice brown on Garden St on a gray day
8e3u4e2y.jpg

Then a multicoat red by Fresh Pond shopping center
u8eja8er.jpg

Both times we flashed lights at each other while waiting at the stop lights, then waved as we passed.

Last edited:
Another bay area bulk sighting report.

Saturday found me driving up through Cupertino on my way to Los Altos Rod and Gun Club for an afternoon at the range with my room mate. As we were leaving cupertino and heading into Saratoga, we were passed by a black Model S in the outside lane who remained a couple cars ahead for a while. Almost immediately, two cars back, another black S with enthusiastic kids in the back pulled in behind us, and the kids were obviously excited to see another S on the road.

Then we were both passed by a nice looking blue P85+.

So four in the space of about three minutes. Not quite up to previous sightings in Los Altos, but not too far off. Great to see the kids in back being so enthusiastic. :)

I have very rarely seen Teslas in my area but so far today I've seen 3!

Black 60 - Route 25/495 merger in Wareham, MA
Black 85 - Target in Wareham, MA
Red ?? - Marion, MA

I told my wife it's a sign that we should by one! I've been stalking Tesla since around 2005/2006 and I was was dead set on buying an S, then the two kids came....now we are waiting for the X. Really hoping they stay under $75k.

Driving to NYC next week with our girls - will suggest a contest for who spots the most Teslas along the way.

Went to/from MA/VA Beach. Besides at the superchargers we saw 1 Model S (in CT).
On the way down we saw a few Model S's at the superchargers but yesterday on the way back the superchargers were empty.
Perhaps driving on a Monday was the wrong thing to do?

hanging out at a Supercharger site to spot a Model S hardly seems random. Sort of cheating. haha. It is how I got my first glimpse of a Model S in the "wild", so it is quite effective.
I'm in Santa Clara on a business trip right now. That's like "hanging out at a Supercharger" - so I didn't take pictures / post here. I think a Model S at the Burlington, WA Supercharger is still a rarer site than in the Intel or Google or Apple or Facebook parking lots here at the heart of Silicon Valley :)

On a 10 day trip to California from Oregon I visited Sonoma, San Rafael, and then went out into the foothills towards South Tahoe. I only saw one Model S except finally at the Folsom superchargers there were multiple.

I see them all the time in Portland, OR. Just yesterday I spotted a brand new black on in the parking garage where I work.

On a 10 day trip to California from Oregon I visited Sonoma, San Rafael, and then went out into the foothills towards South Tahoe. I only saw one Model S except finally at the Folsom superchargers there were multiple.

I see them all the time in Portland, OR. Just yesterday I spotted a brand new black on in the parking garage where I work.
Yes, I see them all the time in Portland (after all, there's one in my garage - or right now at the Hillsboro airport parking lot, waiting for me to return). But here in Santa Clara? It's nuts. I saw about a dozen yesterday.